• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Used Kugelfisher, Admission, Injectors Question

Alex Abreu

Post a couple of pictures, that would be helpful. Price depends a lot on condition, completeness and any refresh or rebuild that has been done recently. Describe when it was removed, how it was running prior to removal. Could be anywhere from $300 to $2,000.

• Like 2

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

Would help to post the VIN of the car/engine that it was originally on.  There were some small but in some cases significant changes in the K-fish setup from year to year, and at least for US '74s some changes that were emission-related just for the US market.

mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Would help to post the VIN of the car/engine that it was originally on.  There were some small but in some cases significant changes in the K-fish setup from year to year, and at least for US '74s some changes that were emission-related just for the US market.

mike

+1

And it can’t hurt to post a photo of (a.) the pump housing’s casting date and (b.) the pump’s manufacturing date. For instance, below, in the first photo, is a housing casting date of June 1972 (6 “nubs” surrounding “72”) . This same unit’s manufacturing date, in the second photo, is January 1973 (“1 W”). The unit shown is of the style used on 1972-73 U.S-spec tii’s (“B-1” on the manufacturing tag in the second photo).

Regards,

Steve

A2FD1B31-8B0C-4B8F-AEAB-3498C9691DE8.jpeg

53B9E943-2B78-494F-A156-777691992DE7.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

+1 on others comments, it depends on condition.  If it's been sitting on a shelf for years in unknown condition, it's at the low end of the value scale.   I have a spare 74 tii Kugelfisher pump that I bought over 20 years ago.  It's been sitting in a box in unknown condition for years.  It's not worth much now, maybe $300 but I'm thinking of sending it off to Jerry Fairchild  http://www.fuelinjectioncenter.com/index.htm   for a rebuild.  The 72 tii Kugelfischer pump in my 74 tii was rebuilt 20 years ago by Jerry's shop and no issues since, it runs great. The 74 tii pump is the original pump that came with my car but for now, it's a paperweight in it's current condition.

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner