• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Type of Steering Wheel is this? Baffled..

Kaikane40

Looks like an original Petri wheel. The odd bolt pattern is a giveaway. It should have the number ‘35’ and the “P” wheel logo stamped into the back of one of the spokes, inside by the hub.

They can fetch crazy money nowadays..

Edited by visionaut
  • Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

That is BMW/ Petri steering wheel with the proper phillips head retaining screws generally sold with the Euro sport package cars as well as over the BMW Parts departments.

Values today depending on condition like yours conservatively If the grip is not spinning around the wheel rim some grain left on it 650/750 +- 200.  

Edited by Mikesmalaga72

Hi All,

I really appreciate all the comments on this one.  Whats weird is I don't have the "53" and "P" stamp on the rear of this wheel.  Take a gander....everything else looks like a Petri wheel per links/comments.  I don't want to misrepresent this wheel.  Maybe some didn't come with the stamps but I need to find out....

Cheers!

Phil

IMG_5310.JPG

1 minute ago, visionaut said:

This one, from same seller as the 4K wheel, has no spoke markings either…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165547141640

Thanks for this...I found another source that said early steering wheels don't have stamps on them.

WWW.PATIPATINA.COM

The much loved sports steering wheel for classic BMWs, E10 2002 & E9 CS CSi & CSL in 3 different sizes, 350, 380 & 400. Read all about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephers said:

I have one just like that but when I asked, everyone said that it was an MGB wheel     They look exactly like this with no markings     so if yours is a Petri, then mine must be as well??

Thanks, Rick

Post a bunch of pictures to validate like what I did. 

1 minute ago, stephers said:

But there is no validation that your wheel is a Petri, no markings.   Lot's of wheels look like a Petri but without markings how can you be 100% sure??

Can you provide links on which wheels look like Petri but are not?  I would like to compare them to the one I have. I have searched.