• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rogerstii and the modern world

bavariaboy

Even my adult children will barely answer my phone calls. Tennis buddies in their 50s will only text. Small vendors like rogerstii, around for years, are being slammed by price increases, inflation, slug-like supply chains, finding good help(reminds me when I asked a friend if he had trouble finding good help for his small construction business, "Steve, I have trouble finding bad help." And this was 9 years ago), and the other vaguaries of the modern world.  

I recently ordered the under-hood foam for my 2002 from rogerstii. Two other vendors showed foam in the wrong shape.  Ordered on their website. Foam arrived in four days.

Three days ago I a note from paypal, rogerstii crediting my account for $8.42 cents, shipping error. 

When was the last time that happened to you with a vendor?

Steve

• Like 14

I think(?) I posted this or part some time ago.  Its bee a couple years now, went over to Roger's place to buy belt line trim.  He let me pick through ALL of his 'seconds', he explained that he couldn't sell a trim piece as new, if it had even the smallest nick or scratch - basically had to be perfect.  I mean some of these Knick's/scratches you would have to look REALLY hard to see.  Really hard.  I ended up buying some new (that were perfect) and some that were seconds, he gave me a great deal on all of it.  I do understand folks' frustrations with communication (whether it be with Roger or whomever), some are better than others.  I have some more trim to buy unfortunately but will likely buy from him. 

• Like 1

Not sure if the reason for your refund. A couple of years ago, I complained to Rogerstii about the large flat rate FedEx shipping for something that could be put in an envelope and dropped in a mailbox (another thing that people no longer use, lol). I received a refund similar to yours. IIRC, the website estimates a shipping fee and refunds the difference to the actual charge. Not a criticism, I do like their extensive product line and customer service.

Edited by fjord-tii

'72 BMW 2002tii

'00 Porsche 911

I placed a big order from Ireland with 10-12 items.  They charged full freight FedEx shipping prices for *each* item (at least $20 per item), which summed up to over $250 in FedEx charges.  Of course, they delayed shipment because one item was not available - and shipped it in one box - for far less than $250.

And when we cancelled the one item that was not available, they did not bother to refund the $20+ I 'paid' for 'shipping' the item. 

Sounds like Rogers will be the go-to place going forward.

• Like 1

I understand it's nearly impossible to find competent help in todays world but one still needs to interact with your customers.  

Ordered ten dollars worth of Recaro clips from Aardvark with $13.95 in shipping charges. That same day received an 

email stating they would refund most the shipping charges do to the small order.

I ordered the KoogleWerks exhaust with center exit.  Forrest called me to confirm this to be correct because most

round taillight car have side exit.  We talked a bit to confirm it would fit and I would be happy.

I also emailed Forrest a question on mounting the center console Stereo panel. Forrest email me a sketch of what they 

do for brackets.   

I ordered the door handle inserts from the Evil empire of ECS Tuning, site stated three days till available. It took six days to fill but got daily emails apologizing for the delay and keeping me up to date.

Customer Service is not dead it take some effort is all.  

Edited by jp5Touring
  • Like 3

I’ve bought International Harvester parts from a guy in Colorado for 20+ years that doesn’t have a computer. A phone call to request a part and he ships it with a hand written invoice. He doesn’t take credit so send a check or cash when the part and invoice arrive. 

Not sure how much longer I’ll get to experience this type of service but it sure puts a huge smile on my face. 

• Like 5

Agree, agree and agree. Talking to a live person who is not in a huge call center with a script on their screen and three and half hours of training is rare and unusual. But what a joy. Even email from person using their real name is a treat.

I feel the connection. I wish I owned something International Harvester so I could buy some parts I might? need just to write a check, seal an envelope, lick a stamp and put it in the post.  

Ah, those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end.  But they are.

Steve

• Like 2