• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another BMW for sale

stone02

“The car had been part of a fleet of 507s kept by the family over the past 50 years or so.”

Is it too late for me to get adopted by a family with a fleet of 507’s? I can be really adorable if I have to…  ?

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

A good friend of mine, who knew of my interest in BMW's, took me to meet her Godmother at her house perched above the Rose Bowl. Said she had 'an 'older' BWW. In the garage was her late husbands silver 507 with red leather interior, in pristine shape. It was a very late VIN#.  She wouldn't even listen to my offers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They really are very pretty. Sad that they are so much now. 

If anyone has gone to the Goodwood festival of speed, please PM me.  I want to go to see cars like this before they are all in museums. I would like some pointers to get the best out of the experience.... bucket list stuff. 

• Like 2

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

I remember once about 20 years ago I was driving back home to Santa Cruz on HW 1 from surfing along the Big Sur coast south of Monterey.  On the side of the road was a pristine 507 parked on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere without any top on it.  I pulled over and checked it out for about 10 minutes before heading back on my way.  It was pretty early in the day and there wasn't anyone in sight near that beautiful car.  It always blew me away that it was just sitting out there...

• Confused 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

so just to make it more interesting/painful, the first

time I saw this car it was not alone. in the carport with it 

was the brothers 507 and they were tail to tail. and just 

across the street from those was a third one, and....

down the block was the fourth one in the "barn"

I thought to myself that this should have been illegal to

have them all together if there was some disaster.

that was 25 years ago at least. now they have all gone there

separate ways and this is the last to move on to a new

caretaker. I hope they keep it as it is now. I also

really love the rear window decal!!!

stone

• Like 1

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

On 8/18/2022 at 2:01 AM, Dudeland said:

They really are very pretty. Sad that they are so much now. 

If anyone has gone to the Goodwood festival of speed, please PM me.  I want to go to see cars like this before they are all in museums. I would like some pointers to get the best out of the experience.... bucket list stuff. 

I'd recomment rather to go to the revival. Less show off and more serious racing. I've been there a couple of times

On 8/22/2022 at 7:23 AM, uai said:

I'd recommend rather to go to the revival. Less show off and more serious racing. I've been there a couple of times

I was talking with some other folks about accomodation, what has your experience been like while staying there?

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

3 hours ago, Dudeland said:

I was talking with some other folks about accomodation, what has your experience been like while staying there?

What's most important is being very early with your Hotel. Prices explode once the date is public.
I was able to get the date of the event before it was publicly announced so I got a decent priced Hotel room not too far away.
The other times I've stayed in Brighton and 30 miles away more west thus spending 1-1,5 hours on the way to Goodwood.
Another option is to go glamping. They offer fully equipped Tents just across the street - however with british weather this might be crap - but you can enjoy all the party in the evening without having to drive.
With the possibility of being able to cancel Hotel Reservations without fees you might also opt for booking 4 Weekends thu-sun and then cancelling the other 3 once the date is fixed. (Just as an idea).

Apart from that my recommendation is to get a seated Chicane Grandstand ticket for saturday (preferrable up high and around 10 places from the left - for best views and protection from rain and / or sun) and the roving grandstand package for friday.

Edited by uai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, uai said:

What's most important is being very early with your Hotel. Prices explode once the date is public.
I was able to get the date of the event before it was publicly announced so I got a decent priced Hotel room not too far away.
The other times I've stayed in Brighton and 30 miles away more west thus spending 1-1,5 hours on the way to Goodwood.
Another option is to go glamping. They offer fully equipped Tents just across the street - however with british weather this might be crap - but you can enjoy all the party in the evening without having to drive.
With the possibility of being able to cancel Hotel Reservations without fees you might also opt for booking 4 Weekends thu-sun and then cancelling the other 3 once the date is fixed. (Just as an idea).

Apart from that my recommendation is to get a seated Chicane Grandstand ticket for saturday (preferrable up high and around 10 places from the left - for best views and protection from rain and / or sun) and the roving grandstand package for friday.

I was thinking about renting a RV. I haven't researched it. But it would be a s-tonne of fun.   I am less about camping. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002