• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been to Nordschleife on Friday

uai

Here's my onboard unfortunately a bit overexposed.
With an empty trunk and a bit of practice (I've been the first time on the Nordschleife) a 9:00 BTG should be possible

Edited by uai
  • Like 17

• uai changed the title to Been to Nordschleife on Friday
2 hours ago, Preyupy said:

We sure had a good time!  I met a lot of good BMW friends on that trip. It’s been a long time Gordon. 

There has been a little water under the bridge since then.  I remember you jumping into my car and going or a ride with me there.  You were just out of school.  We both went on to race.  It was our first time to actually see a Turbo.  We even got to ride in one on the Ring.

15 hours ago, uai said:

Here's my onboard unfortunately a bit overexposed.
With an empty trunk and a bit of practice (I've been the first time on the Nordschleife) a 9:00 BTG should be possible

Passenger window winder removed to add lightness.  Nice.

And I think a sub 9:00 lap would be very attainable with becoming familiar with the track.  Looked like a lot of fun.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

We taught that there are two early apexes and the rest are late by varying amounts. It appears you are turning are turning in early in some places and then having to correct.  But the video makes it hard to guage distances. You seem to know the track well enough. Let me know pdf opens

Ns

Ring Ideal Line.pdf