• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ground Control adjustable camber plates

Pdxguy

I have the Ground Control adjustable camber plates. There is a 1cm space at the top of the strut that is not threaded so the nut that secures the strut cannot come into contact with the top plate of the GC parts (plate the arrow points to. Am I doing something wrong, (likely scenario), part missing, design...

image.thumb.png.7eb4e88a1ae7be3583c52e5bdcf02ba9.png

Thanks,

Dennis

Ground control.HEIC

Yup- even a chunk of water pipe will do just fine.  It's a problem 

with the original strut design needing the shank, and the GC plates

not wanting them.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

2 hours ago, TobyB said:

Yup- even a chunk of water pipe will do just fine.  It's a problem 

with the original strut design needing the shank, and the GC plates

not wanting them.

t

TobyB- Seen posts about the noise the GC plates make. Any way to minimizethis? 

• Administrators

The plates need to be installed under the fender so that they take the load and spread it on the top of the fender. As it is mounted now, you only have the bold heads that will support they load. 

and there is usually a spacer that sits on top where the insert is not threaded.

steve k.

• Like 2

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

5 hours ago, steve k. said:

The plates need to be installed under the fender so that they take the load and spread it on the top of the fender. As it is mounted now, you only have the bold heads that will support they load. 

and there is usually a spacer that sits on top where the insert is not threaded.

steve k.

Thanks for the help! Keep in mind your audience (that's me), has the mechanical intelligence of a six grader. Here is a picture from below. Doesn't the C shaped plate serve to attach the top plate, spreading the load over a wider area? Should the C shaped plate be on top with the attached bolts facing down. 

Thanks again

Dennis

IMG_7458.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Lorin said:

The stack from top to bottom should be inner fender, camber plate, C shaped plate. 

If it were a ham sandwich, the camber plate would be the ham. 

That should make it clear ?

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!