• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seats…??

Readie

Critical measurements:

• seat width--will it fit between the door sill and the tunnel housing?  An Audi doesn't have a tunnel housing, remember...
  • seat cushion height.  2002 seats sit well above the floor, while most modern seats are mounted directly on the floor.  You may have to cut your original seat mounts off the body and make a new mounting plate that bolts directly to the floor.
  • does the back tip forward?  If it doesn't, you'll have a heck of a time accessing the back seat.

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I picked up these Recaro seats which has the tiny VW/Audi stamp on the bottom.  I have not idea what model/year but likely not as new as a TT.  They did come out of a 2002 with a mounting bracket affixed.  Plan is to put them in my 72 mostly because "they are not sport seats" and are about 3" wider at the shoulder for my incredibly superhuman upper body  fat A$$. 

Recaro VW.JPG

Edited by Steve Tochi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

A lot of seat threads here. I found what worked best for me was the VW Jetti GTI seats (cannot remember the year). 

Check the bottom for the 6 bolt holes. Some VW's have a mount that isn't compatible. The 6 bolts make it the easiest to mount into a lot of adapter plates here. 

Old Fox body Mustangs have Recaros that may fit. 

Corbeau makes some new recaro knock offs. Do not know the quality, but they are affordable. $700 a pair? 

Check a lot of threads here. 

Cheers! 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

what year TT? the first generation used the 3 mount positions that don't translate well to any other car. the later cars have a more traditional mount but would still be a hassle to put in. the TTRS recaros may have the standard 6 bolt recaro mount but I am not sure on that.