• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 tii Build Project (Commissioned)...or.... FNG fouls up

Dugan27

21 hours ago, Dugan27 said:

This is my understanding; he said he is having the local police come to verify the VIN this week and then it will get titled. 

Car is now registered and title should arrive in 2-3 weeks. 

reg_06oct2021_sani.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been a couple of weeks so I wanted to check in, but also have my first question for the hive mind. 

Build is going along smoothly though some limited options on parts in stock have required some chasing down, and one item I'm stuck on. I was going to go with the racetep rear brace and battery kit, but they are out of stock. Any good alternatives for front/rear kit with battery relo? 

Drums

image.png

Here are the wheels I am going with. 

IMG_9238.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wkohler said:

Kooglewerks has a beautiful kit. 

How's the body coming?

Pricey, but nice. Not sure they are the right kit for me, but "in-stock" is becoming a more critical variable. :)

Body is ready for paint; it didn't need much from what I can see and hear. I expect I'll have paint pictures in the next week or two. 

There are plenty of options to relocate the battery in the trunk or under the rear seat with out the brace whos only purpose is to hold the battery.  

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

The hold down is pretty straight forward, can do that with about anything.  Lots of marine applications.

My car came with the big e30 wiring for the battery from back to front.  It's nice.

And it's repeatedly suggested that the chassis isn't flexing much back there, so the stress bar is a little superfluous.  In theory, according to the hive mind.  I've never seen any numbers, but with that big piece of seat back sheet metal right there, I'm inclined to believe it's ok to start. :)

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It only took about 16 months.....but it's finally done. I had intended to keep up this thread along with the build, but I also thought the build would only take 4 months. Life goes on. More photos, videos over the weekend hopefully. Still a lot of things I want to clean up or tweak, but driving it mostly. 

• Like 8