• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are these brake lines disconnected?

M3This

Hi Guys. Just picked up my car 2 weekends ago and have been in the process of tear down to get it ready for dipping and while removing the master cylinder and brake assist I noticed two of the hard lines were not connected. I looked at the front brakes and low and behold only one of the two hard lines down there are connected.    As a noob I was just curious why someone would do this? Are the front brakes other than stock?

5D6B4A79-4AB4-4566-8C15-744891BF7B34.jpeg

2E4806C6-D8B0-4911-8A91-88A9E4A7F6BC.jpeg

C37D8D2A-1369-417E-8C95-3544726FD4D1.jpeg

8838500C-9AA4-4AE9-A53B-A22E43698B90.jpeg

Edited by M3This
typo from autocorrect on my phone

What you need to do now is figure out the rest of the system.

How has the master been disconnected/replaced/ replumbed?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

1 hour ago, AceAndrew said:

Those running Wilwood or early Brembo big brake setups will have switched to a single line setup.

What you have is a straight E21 caliper swap.

Thanks for the info. I figured they had to be different then stock, but had zero idea what they were. 

56 minutes ago, TobyB said:

What you need to do now is figure out the rest of the system.

How has the master been disconnected/replaced/ replumbed?

t

Right now Im doing a complete tear down on the car to send it out to be dipped, so it's not a super big deal. When I get it back Im planning on doing IE's BBK front & rear with power assist delete. I was just trying to understand what a previous owner had done.

The rear drums still appear to have both lines running to them. And the two hard lines were also disconnected at the master cylinder. I should go take a look at it and see if they plugged the holes someway.