• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Powderwheels Frank Franker — Proceed With Caution!

Odd... this wasn't my experience at all. He was quick to communicate to me, and did have reservations about taking paypal due to the fees. As someone who also sells things time to time it is understandable, so I simply said I'd send the money anyways and add the 4% on top.

Took a while, I believe 5 weeks total but the wheels came in wonderful condition, padded to the NINES. I was every bit happy with the process other than the long transit time, and I've got wheels that I have never seen anywhere else, good fit, great finish.

Bryce however can go slip on some black ice.

• Like 2

31436374517_8d8d287049_o.jpg.2d76303dce729a94519ce58b66156f83.jpg

1 hour ago, Spyke said:

Bryce has been active on the Bmw 2002 Buy, Sell, & Trade Facebook page lately offering his services to:

Bryce Veller Author

Restore #6 Main areas of the BMW 2002:
• Pedal Boxes
• Heater Boxes
• Center Consoles
• Door Panels
• Dashboards
• Tail Lights
Also refurbish Driveshafts and lighten Flywheels.
  • Sad 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

11 hours ago, Spyke said:

Odd... this wasn't my experience at all. He was quick to communicate to me, and did have reservations about taking paypal due to the fees. As someone who also sells things time to time it is understandable, so I simply said I'd send the money anyways and add the 4% on top.

Took a while, I believe 5 weeks total but the wheels came in wonderful condition, padded to the NINES. I was every bit happy with the process other than the long transit time, and I've got wheels that I have never seen anywhere else, good fit, great finish.

Well of course it wasn't your experience has you had the sense to pay extra for paypal security - if he hadn't delivered he wouldn't have kept your money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

16 hours ago, Spyke said:

Hi I just want to clarify a few items because they make a big difference.

Please note that Mr. Franker refuses to accept PayPal whether or not the would-be purchaser is willing to pay the extra percentage.  Full stop.  Refuses.  He refuses to accept any other payment method that gives the would-be buyer any recourse.   I tried to make that clear in my initial post.  

You don’t say whether your experience was recent, not recent, etc and that could significantly affect whether your experience can be repeated today.  Again, the availability of a refund through a third party (PayPal) is critical but not currently available with the seller.

I agree with the packing and quality of the product once received.

• Like 1

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

Oh I definitely understand. I read through this whole thread and I get the feeling that he USED to do honest business, or at least half and half... Somewhere along the line he's found that scamming is a lot less effort and a whole lot more money.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31436374517_8d8d287049_o.jpg.2d76303dce729a94519ce58b66156f83.jpg

He has blocked me on FB (or he's gone completely dark) but I doubt it. I'm unable to leave a review on his powderwheels page or tag him. I'm updating all of my posts on various FB groups today. I'm not sure what else there is to do at this point. 

In better news, my 1502 arrived on US shores 3 years ago today, and it still looks good on the minilites!

IMG_8622.thumb.jpeg.30ffbafaecebba58245ceb34ba801194.jpeg

Edited by TripE46
  • Like 9

75' 1502 Agave Green

02' M3 Phoenix Yellow

6 hours ago, TripE46 said:

Ok I made a little traction today. I got him via cell and he texted a LOT. He has promised them by late February. So well see what happens.

Promises cost him nothing, but I really hope he uses your case to try and prove he's not a thief just so you get your wheels. If anyone else buys from him without any financial recourse then they only have themselves to blame now. Someone with skin in the game should open another facebook page called powderwheels, where people can write their reviews/experiences. Will get more reach than here or the cool web site you have now put on hold.

• Like 2

I got my wheels from Frank last year. And I’m happy with them.

They took longer than expected (3 months instead of 1) and the red centre caps I requested never arrived. I asked him a few times to send the centre caps. I gave up after a while and bought some on German eBay.

I hope everyone gets their wheels ok. I was a bit worried about the payment upfront and refusing to use PayPal etc. Though I figured he was legit because so many 02ers use him. I think if I had of read this first I would of stayed clear.

A0AF0184-68DC-4013-8BB1-BA26EC4E29BA.thumb.jpeg.ddf155210022404b544bd9b573f4ec26.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just now finding this thread after being strung along for about a year over some 6.5” Alpina Borrani steelies. I was dealing with Frank through Facebook, but then my Facebook was hacked and I lost access. Finally found him on Instagram and reached out. “Will ship when I return to the country in two weeks”

Those of you that received your wheels, what did you have to send? @Marsattacks can you pm me too?

He hasn't posted anywhere since 1/17 so maybe he's working on a couple of peoples wheels? Seriously doubt it but I gave him until March 1, then I'm planning to post about it one last time in all of the FB groups and forums and be done with it. Monday will be a year for me

75' 1502 Agave Green

02' M3 Phoenix Yellow

On 2/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, TripE46 said:

He hasn't posted anywhere since 1/17

hope he hasn't past the point of return - too many promises, too many deposits spent on his life and no chance of catching up. Very sad as you say, and what's worse there's no contrition or real apology, just another dollop of bulshit ontop of the mountain of lies. Should have had a career in politics.

• Like 1