• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hella 'model 38' LED center brake GROUP BUY

MoBrighta

ras02tii, swift53 - added to the list.

When you get a chance, look up the list at MattJ posts - I need model info for wiring (round or square tails), and (if possible) a $60 deposit... now over two dozen on order ...  Whoa! 

Thanks everyone!

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

On 4/25/2021 at 2:53 AM, Naseem Jarjoura said:

Am I missing something here? 90$ Through the group buy but if I just order online it's 75$

Maybe you are missing something, I don't know.

Who is selling it for $75? Does that $75 price include shipping to you, or is the actual delivered cost closer to $90?  ((found it: $77.29, $93.79 delivered - from Australia, delivery date unknown... Mo))

How many do they have on hand?  I need at least 30 (so far, the number is still growing).

Will they wire it for your exact car model, without any damage to the wiring harness?  (I will do this)

Are you offering to buy these, and then do the custom wiring and distribution to everyone in this group buy? (I will do this - and I could use your help)

I am also offering this group buy for the E3 / E9 coupe and sedan models, three, five and six series cars, even seven series owners can take advantage of this group buy.  Can you help by wiring them up for simple 'plug and play' installation in those BMWs, as well as 2002 round and square tail cars? 

If you would like to help, send me a private message, I will be grateful - even if it is just information!  If it proves useful, I will be glad to find a better deal for the group with your help.

I look forward to hearing from you, Naseem! 

Andy

Edited by MoBrighta

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back

Hey Jerry, I'll put you down for one, round tail wiring.  How are those white resurfaced reflectors working out for you?  It's been five years, right?  I have a new resurfacing method, MUCH shinier!  Like a MIRROR.

My "PayPal email" is at the end of the top line in my forum sig.- light grey text - hard to read... but you can swipe and copy the email address.   Lead time - 12 weeks (I guess they are rowing them across the ocean); let's pray for quicker.

Thanks!

Andy

2 hours ago, MoBrighta said:

Maybe you are missing something, I don't know.

Who is selling it for $75? Does that $75 price include shipping to you, or is the actual delivered cost closer to $90?  ((found it: $77.29, $93.79 delivered - from Australia, delivery date unknown... Mo))

How many do they have on hand?  I need at least 30 (so far, the number is still growing).

Will they wire it for your exact car model, without any damage to the wiring harness?  (I will do this)

Are you offering to buy these, and then do the custom wiring and distribution to everyone in this group buy? (I will do this - and I could use your help)

I am also offering this group buy for the E3 / E9 coupe and sedan models, three, five and six series cars, even seven series owners can take advantage of this group buy.  Can you help by wiring them up for simple 'plug and play' installation in those BMWs, as well as 2002 round and square tail cars? 

If you would like to help, send me a private message, I will be grateful - even if it is just information!  If it proves useful, I will be glad to find a better deal for the group with your help.

I look forward to hearing from you, Naseem! 

pull up the bus because Paul posted this

https://www.ozautoelectrics.com/hella-matrix-led-high-level-brake-lamp-sedan.html

i am missing a few links in my timing chain so I must be missing something.

OK, I don't understand your 'bus' reference.  I guess it's my turn to be missing something.

I looked at them as a possible source, still waiting to hear back on 'bulk pricing.'  I figure it's always good to ask, as if you don't, the answer is always NO.

They are asleep while we are awake... Hope you get that timing chain fixed. 

Update- still no response from any of my Oceania contacts.  I have emailed a few vendors in Australia and New Zealand, but apparently they are still asleep, must be the weekend and half-day time difference... I'll keep trying for a better deal.

Despite the cryptic and unresolved appeal from a member, I am still working with my reliable Hella connection.  At least they communicate with me, and have proved VERY reliable in the past.  I am sure that his deal will go through, and glad Hella still are willing to make and sell us thirty-one copies of this very nice and bright light.

I have 31 orders, and only ten deposits... still waiting and counting on more of you to help make this possible.  I am required to pay for the order up front when it is placed.  Thank you all in advance for coming up with a deposit, and especially for the ten who have made the effort. 

In an age of 'lightning-fast downloads,' I still have faith in 'Delayed Gratification.'

On 5/1/2021 at 12:45 PM, Rum1973 said:

Add me to the list for the group buy

Welcome to the group, and look for a forum message from me.

UPDATE _ UPDATE _ UPDATE

OK, this is getting better every day! I put this post up on several vintage BMW forums, and have gotten good response.
Half are going to members here, and the rest to members on other forums.

Predicted lead time (order to delivery) was 12 weeks, but I was contacted by Hella that there 'may' be a chance of shorter lead time.

Last minute guys - you have two days before the order deadline, this Friday. Get a pm to me, or wait for my announcement that they have arrived, and we'll see if there are any unclaimed extras. Pre-wired, ready to plug in and light up the night.

Same deal, same price: Send me your email, name, username. Your $60 deposit puts you on the order list, no deposit puts you on the wait list.
Deposits by PayPal to Mobrighta@comcast.net, with the same information in the notes.

FYI - I am also ordering two each of the other variants (#5237 for flatter, and #5239 for steeper back window angles) just in case...

• Like 1

ORDER PLACED.

I added a few for those late-comers... let's hope I have enough!

• 2 weeks later...