• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to buy... is this real?

Hello, and first off, apologies if this isn’t the right place to post this question. 

I came across this ad for an 02 for sale. I submitted contact info from the website, but have had no luck with the owner reaching out. I’m not even sure if it’s still for sale. The ad is on Yupyi, which is very unfamiliar to me. Is this ad real? I couldn’t find this posting on any other sites. I am also wondering if the owner is part of this community or if anyone is familiar with the the car. Any info will be helpful thank you all. See below for the post I am referring to. 

https://yupyi.com/details.php?id=18006854

Scaaaaaaaaaaam. 

I've seen several like this. And for some reason they all like Washington?

Dead giveaway when they refer to it as just 'car' or 'vehicle' and nothing specific about the actual 'car' or 'vehicle. Let alone all the other ginormous red flags and poor grammar... But an oil drill worker, creative :) The usual Military good'ol'boy I guess is played out. 

You should drag it out to waste their time and frustrate them a lil' bit as long as your attention span allows. That always brings me joy. 

I have seen the oil rig worker scam before too.  

Next give an excited reply. You have a friend in Tacoma! He will come by for an inspection and will deliver it to you!

You can see what happens next....

Edited by Vicleonardo1
  • Like 2

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.