• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Washington state: Anti collector car legislation introduced-

Mike Self

To all our brethren (and sistren) in Washington state:  your legislature is considering some very restrictive new laws that will affect your hobby cars.  Here's the skinny:   https://www.semasan.com/legislative-alerts/washington/washington-state-bills-increase-fees-and-restrict-eligibility-hobby  Read up and contact your legislator; don't think you're gonna like what they want to do.

mike

• Confused 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

For those of you who don't clicky linky, it's proposing more fees and hard cut- offs for 

'limited operation' collector and horseless carriage plates.  Also  a hard limit on using year- of- manufacture

plates, which seems stupid.

But, then, that's Olympia- it's the water!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

For those of you who don't clicky linky, it's proposing more fees and hard cut- offs for 

'limited operation' collector and horseless carriage plates.  Also  a hard limit on using year- of- manufacture

plates, which seems stupid.

But, then, that's Olympia- it's the water!

t

Those damn Artesians.....

Old lateral reference to an advert when Olympia did what it did best....Make beer. 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me. 

Welcome to the world of Vancouver Canada collector plates.  Any modification and you are disqualified.  If it didn't ship with it, you don't get to use it.  The only exception   Kinda sucks. 

Worth fighting for sure. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Yup, been hearing about this a bunch lately. Olympia just trying to money grab anywhere they can. Nothing new...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2