• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coilovers, brakes, misc.

cynar

16 hours ago, cynar said:

which should have the spring rate

The springs themselves will have the spring rates screenprinted on them.  numbers will look like 0000.000.0000 . The first chunk represents the height, the second chunk represent the inner diameter, and the last chunk represent the stiffness.  So if you have 0700.250.0250 you have a 7" height, 2.5" ID, and 250#.

No need to rely on waiting to hear back.  Sometimes something as simple as a misspelled name can mean the original invoice is lost in the digital underworld.

Hey Ace,

if i was going for a 90% pure track car, what numbers would i be looking for?  I remember looking at the IE site and their “best handling setup” said something like 350# springs.  I’m willing to go that stiff, i just don’t want to flare the wheel wells.  They still look really good w/ no rust and i can bring myself to cut them.  So i live w/ smaller tires.

Okay folks sorry for the delay on coilover info there has been a lot of interest, Ireland wasn't able to find the original invoice, but here is what I gather:

A Ground Control setup is $2200 + cores without front brakes

current Ireland stage 3 coilovers are $1500

rear perches + springs + shocks from Ireland is $505

front big brake kit from Ireland is $665

with that as a lo0se reference, I think the setup I'm offering was at least  $2670 in parts new

I'd really like to unload the complete setup with the front brakes for $2200. Call me out if you think that is totally off base, just looking for these to goto someone who'll put 'em to good use them and at a fair price.

As Andrew stated these are early Zinc-plated Stage 3 coilovers from Ireland, they've hardly been driven on my car and are essentially brand new. Spring rates are: front: 0700.250.0350 rear: 0800.225.0275

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also found a Fireball XR700 ignition, any takers at $50?

here's another heater box pic too, someone said it looked like it might have been rebuilt—any way to know for sure with it out of the car?

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

On 7/9/2019 at 12:25 AM, cynar said:

Also found a Fireball XR700 ignition, any takers at $50?

As an FYI, The XR700 comes with an optical trigger wheel setup for the distributor to replace the original points setup.  The ignition box isn't much good without it.

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!