1969 1602 for sale.
- added some pics. sorry for the dusty nature, father-in-law did some farming the last track day down at Buttonwillow...
- added album link in body:
putting it here first prior to craigslist, ebay, whatever...
also, have to preface by saying the price could very well be completely out of whack. i have a long demonstrable history of valuing cars i own for less then what they are worth so would appreciate some, er, guidance.
Bought it about 3years ago. Didn't have any intention to sell it but had an opportunity to buy an honest to goodness real race car. Had to go for it. how many chances am i going to have to do that??? Sadly, extra sadly, no room for two. i really like this little car.
i've driven it to work, a bit around town, thrashed it, er, driven it briskly, on back roads up in the hills, and done a number of track days with it...
ok, previous owner of importance was a guy in LA and it appears he did a bunch of work on it (engine, suspension, interior, paint) and i have some receipts from Jack Fahuna's shop. in general pretty quality work. i've generally brought it to BR Racing in Los Gatos for track day prep.
oh, for more pics, check my albums.
- P.O. upgraded it. IE stage 2 i believe. really well balanced, pretty stiff. adjustable rear sway bar. used it for 3 track days and works great. if i was going to keep it and keep tracking it more camber would be nice. all in all this is well done.
- replaced the steering box due to slop. kept the old one. turns out i think it was just mis adjusted it. now its tight.
- have racy pads in it. after 3 track days still have good life in them. don't squeal. appear to be stock.
- spare parts - i have the parts to upgrade the drums in back to the larger size. no need to date. need more HP to need more brakes.
- no real rust. P.O. tried to paint it himself so its one of those great from far / far from great paint jobs... take it back, i think the spare tire well has a rust thru but that's it. seems straight aligns well, i'd say a really good base for someone that wants to do a restore or a nice paint job.
- driver's door has a clunk when opening. doesn't seem to affect it but.
- door close hard. i think that's because the seals were replaced.
- btw, was out in the rain last year and didn't get wet inside. window seals seems to work well
- looks pretty good. headliner is nice. dash cracked but everything works / windows, heater, etc. good carpet, had good seats. what do you mean had? after my first track day it was actually pretty unsafe to be doing that on stock seats and cheesy seat belt. so put in a roll bar and dropped in a racing seat. the roll bar is pushed back pretty far so if you've got a high backed seat and you drive on the street w/o a helmet you shouldn't hit it. sold all the seats. door cards still in there, room for stock seat belts if you want them. roll bar is welded in and done by TC Design in Campbell. quality guys...
- 2.0L engine was put in by the P.O. before i got it. just works and works. starts fine. has a mid-rpm tip-in stumble, lessens when it warms up. burns a bunch of oil. i think its rings. I'd say tired, but since it was put in by i think Jack Fahuna sorta doesn't make sense. got a dyno pull - 73whp. has a 32/36, stock cam and i think a tii exhaust manifold.
- i've been collecting spare parts for a while - was planning on rebuild this winter but as they say, plans change...