• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts pricing content flow

Not too long ago this very rarely debated subject was brought up. 

I like some, have found the goings-on with price gouging somewhat off-putting. Such that I have sought out another vehicle platform to play with. Front engine Porsche's I thought are cheap and cool with that quirky German vintage style we all like so much. Right? 

Today I purchesed two motor mounts for a 944 engine and while at %25 off it still cost me $435.00 for two palm sized blocks of rubber and steel.   

Just venting and continuing the "flow" as the internet dweebs like to call blabber. 

but what do I know. 

Ray for President! 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 2

But what do I know

If you're looking to save money on parts, Porsche anything is the wrong tree to bark up. They make 02 parts look cheap by comparison.

You're gonna have to look harder than that my friend. When playing tennis, they tell you to hit it where they ain't. Same with fun cars. Chase the ones that others aren't. Plenty of choices and a lot of them cheap.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

2 hours ago, NYNick said:

If you're looking to save money on parts, Porsche anything is the wrong tree to bark up. They make 02 parts look cheap by comparison.

You're gonna have to look harder than that my friend. When playing tennis, they tell you to hit it where they ain't. Same with fun cars. Chase the ones that others aren't. Plenty of choices and a lot of them cheap.

one word 

AMC 

• Haha 1

But what do I know

Parts for my Saab C900 have been surprisingly cheap for the most part. Sure, there's a fair bit that's NLA, but what's out there is quite reasonable. Of course, you need to be a little sick in the head to actually want a Saab.

• Like 1

--

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

These threads make me laugh every time. Since when does whining and crying constantly over the appreciation of this model of BMW change anything about the position you are finding yourself in? It is sad that you can no longer enjoy your BMW; and I am sorry you would rather make threads all day long about flippers and whatever this is then take your car out for a spin and share the stories of the journey. I personally would rather see someone stick with their newly found platform than post the same redundant posts about how much the community annoys you.

FWIW,

-R

• Thanks 2

-Ryan

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

2 hours ago, Andrej said:

Parts for my Saab C900 have been surprisingly cheap for the most part. Sure, there's a fair bit that's NLA, but what's out there is quite reasonable. Of course, you need to be a little sick in the head to actually want a Saab.

I would love a 900 turbo. 

mike tunney

7 hours ago, thinksound_mike said:

I would love a 900 turbo. 

Mine's a 900S (16v NA). Turbos are fun, but also can be considerably more troublesome. I wanted to stick to simple.

• Like 1

--

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

I feel your pain on the 944.  I had one in high school, and every once in a while I "almost" buy one.  That is, until I start looking at the cost of parts.  

If you have to have a car to tinker with, and you don't wan't to get raped a brit car is the way to go.  A triumph TR6 is about as cheap to maintain as you can get.  It'll feel rickety and clunky compared to a 2002, but parts are dirt ass cheap and plentiful.  

13 hours ago, oh2ryan said:

These threads make me laugh every time. Since when does whining and crying constantly over the appreciation of this model of BMW change anything about the position you are finding yourself in? It is sad that you can no longer enjoy your BMW; and I am sorry you would rather make threads all day long about flippers and whatever this is then take your car out for a spin and share the stories of the journey. I personally would rather see someone stick with their newly found platform than post the same redundant posts about how much the community annoys you.

FWIW,

-R

Agreed

24 minutes ago, Tdh said:

I feel your pain on the 944.  I had one in high school, and every once in a while I "almost" buy one.  That is, until I start looking at the cost of parts.  

If you have to have a car to tinker with, and you don't wan't to get raped a brit car is the way to go.  A triumph TR6 is about as cheap to maintain as you can get.  It'll feel rickety and clunky compared to a 2002, but parts are dirt ass cheap and plentiful.  

Here is the parts equivalent: I had to sell an entire e30 318i intake system with ecu and hoses plus wiring harness, it all, just to pay for those 2 little motor mounts. However around here my Porsche 924 S is more of unique ride compared to the plethora of 2002's one sees daily. 

but I digress and to some this is annoying

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know