• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynx Manifold technical question

SaharaX2

I love my newly installed Lynx Manifold and 45 DCOE.

The car runs really great, but In checking the plugs I am trying to get the idle mixture sorted out.

After inspecting the plugs after idle, two plugs are correct, while two are rich.

I know that one barrel of the carb serves cylinders 1&4, while the other serves cylinders 2&3.  

Unfortunately, I did not pay attention when installing the carbs to verify which runner went to which carb barrel.

My question is, which carb barrel serves which cylinder?

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Duh for me.

The front barrel serves 1&4 while the rear barrel serves 2&3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)

Thanks. I am strongly considering that. It is the right way to do it as recommended by Pierce Manifold.
I just have limited space with the 5 speed and want to do it right when I get the time.

I need to mark the location where I want the sensor on the down pipe, remove the down pipe to have the bung installed, then put everything back together. Install the gauge.

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)

Thanks.
I just richened cylinders 1/4 and leaned cylinders 2/3 a little and took the car for a drive.
After the engine cools, I will pull a couple of plugs to see how they look.

Anyone have any recommendations as to brands or sources for a wide band A/F sensor?

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)

Digital, I think.
Which works/looks best?

I have vdo gauges.

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)

I would consider the Innovate products although I do not currently own them.

They just came out with a 2 Lambda data logger which I think is great.

Since I have been doing this since "the '80s" I use a volt meter and convert to lambda. AFR? What's that?

My Lambda gauges are LED bar graphs, so I don't sweat the exact AFR as it will change with the type of gas, the weather, etc....I think the constantly changing numbers would drive me nuts and distract me from my driving.....

FWIW I just switched away from my second Innovate setup to this 14point7 system instead.  Time will tell of course, but 50% cheaper for an LSU 4.9 sensor setup than what I was paying for the Innovates with the LSU 4.2 sensors that had only been lasting me about a year. Plus (theoretically) no need to calibrate every 6 months, which, let me tell you, really gets old!

https://www.14point7.com/products/spartan-lambda-controller-2

I've also heard good things about the APSX products, and really like their tiny LED display that some have discretely installed into the 'Fasten Seat Belt' pod in the center of the dash.  Never tried any APSX products myself yet though, so can't vouch for them firsthand.

https://www.wide-band.com/

3 hours ago, Einspritz said:

My Lambda gauges are LED bar graphs, so I don't sweat the exact AFR as it will change with the type of gas, the weather, etc....I think the constantly changing numbers would drive me nuts and distract me from my driving.....

@Einspritz You and I my good sir, think alike! (Lamda/AFR is on the left bargraph and the right is my battery voltage)

IMG_20190421_210033.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

@Einspritz You and I my good sir, think alike! (Lamda/AFR is on the left bargraph and the right is my battery voltage)

IMG_20190421_210033.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

That looks like the nose light from KITT on Knightrider

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Thanks for the input.
I am now strongly considering installing a wideband O2 sensor. Considering the 10 and 2 requirement for mounting the Lamba sensor, where are these best installed?

In previous discussions most wideband 02 sensors appear to be installed in the down tube vertically between the small space between the tunnel and XMSN.

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)