Stu

Annual 02-02-02 Meet

44 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm looking for a nice (no powdercoat) valve cover for an early carbureted car, so if anyone has one, please bring it...

Thanks

Which one do you want?  The really early smooth ones are very rare.  I'll dig out a few and you can pick. 

• Like 1

Right, those are really rare. Sorry, I should have been more specific - car is an early 71 ti, so not an unusual style at all.  Just looking for the right nipple, and one in nice condition.  I could get a rough one vapor blasted, but I am trying to avoid stuff from looking "new".

Are you bringing one of your cars?

Thanks

(edited)

@slaviklungu reach out to Patrick at Midnight Motorsports. He's making custom 2002 radiators to order. 

James

IMG_20181111_130807.thumb.jpg.b95ef8866c3030ca95fd771c0e3af820.jpg

Edited by Teelinger
  • Like 3

I've got two sets of underdash pieces, a short console no faceplate but complete nothing broken, a two grills, a front strut. The waist band chrome: front hood, one side hood, quarter panel piece, both doors(some damage).

P1310080.JPG

P1310081.JPG

P1310082.JPG

4 hours ago, Jam3422 said:

Right, those are really rare. Sorry, I should have been more specific - car is an early 71 ti, so not an unusual style at all.  Just looking for the right nipple, and one in nice condition.  I could get a rough one vapor blasted, but I am trying to avoid stuff from looking "new".

Are you bringing one of your cars?

Thanks

I'll try finding a couple of clean ones, I know I have at least 20 of them in the garage. 

Looks like I'll bring the '70 on Saturday.  I have been working on the ECU map on the dyno and it needs a bit of street driving to see how I did. 

1 hour ago, Teelinger said:

@slaviklungu reach out to Patrick at Midnight Motorsports. He's making custom 2002 radiators to order. 

James

IMG_20181111_130807.thumb.jpg.b95ef8866c3030ca95fd771c0e3af820.jpg

I keep toying with getting one from Patrick and selling my IE rad. Those are so nice....

Great, my fuel gauge decided it's not going to work (just stuck in the middle, regardless of fill-up) ... any ideas?

I'm planning on doing the trip from Portland, so I will need to gauge my fuel somehow...

Slavik - I suppose if I were in your situation, I would fill up my tank and then top it off every 100 miles or so.  Good luck!

Just now, jfunk said:

Slavik - I suppose if I were in your situation, I would fill up my tank and then top it off every 100 miles or so.  Good luck!

That's the plan! I should be okay getting there on a single tank, though I'm going to see if a quick lock washer on the back of the fuel guage will get me back in business!