• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50th Anniversary of 2002 at National Festival GB

02Anders

Hey everyone,

Last weekend was a good one in Great Britain!  ?
BMW Car Club GB celebrated the 50th anniversary of the our beloved 2002's at their National Festival held at Gaydon.
See the full report here with plenty of pics:  

Hope you enjoy, and please feel free to leave a reply at the end of the article...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Are these factory 02 wheels?  Never seen any like 'em either here in the States or even in pictures...were they GB market only?  Very attractive with those little hubcaps, reminiscent of the CS coupe wheels.

mike

image.png.395f8de63f5bfeaa33e4e46e200414fc.png

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

What a great sticker!

Keystone serviced my first two '02s when they were in Bournemouth ("a stones throw from the beach"). BMW finally threw money at the Owner (Tony Heron) to give up the premises so they could make it a dealership, so he moved to Ringwood, where he lived, and re-opened his independent shop. Ah, memories.

1819153514_KeystoneBMWRingwoodSticker.thumb.jpg.0b8ec431b85f545534a3edfa950139fc.jpg

Edit: found a card from of the sales reps of the day.

Keystone.jpg.93cfa707b8f0b570da7afb2c4a01047f.jpg

Edited by 02Les
  • Thanks 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, mike said:

Are these factory 02 wheels?  Never seen any like 'em either here in the States or even in pictures...were they GB market only?  Very attractive with those little hubcaps, reminiscent of the CS coupe wheels.

mike

image.png.395f8de63f5bfeaa33e4e46e200414fc.png

Hi Mike,

They're period aftermarket wheels from Cromodora.  They were relatively common for Fiats of that era, but quite rare in 4x100.
Like you, I quite like them - they're ultra stylish when in really good and clean shape.
As it is, I currently have two complete sets of them in my lock-up.  If you were interested, I might be willing to part with one set...

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

15 minutes ago, 02Les said:

What a great sticker!

Keystone serviced my first two '02s when they were in Bournemouth ("a stones throw from the beach"). BMW finally threw money at the Owner (Tony Heron) to give up the premises so they could make it a dealership, so he moved to Ringwood, where he lived, and re-opened his independent shop. Ah, memories.

1819153514_KeystoneBMWRingwoodSticker.thumb.jpg.0b8ec431b85f545534a3edfa950139fc.jpg

Edit: found a card from of the sales reps of the day.

Keystone.jpg.93cfa707b8f0b570da7afb2c4a01047f.jpg

Les, I too thought the rear window sticker was pretty neat.  Even more so with the patina...  ?
Pretty cool company card you found there!  Is that with one of your 02's which you had serviced there?

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:03 PM, jgerock said:

Wonderful!  Thank you for sharing with us.

The 2000 in Schwarz is really nice along with the black 5 series.

Hmmmm... do I sense Mr. Gerock possibly adding something Schwarz to his garage sometime soon...?? ?

I happen to know that the 2000 with the twin round headlights and TiSA steel wheels will probably soon be coming up for sale.  However, it's of course RHD...

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

15 hours ago, 02Anders said:

Hmmmm... do I sense Mr. Gerock possibly adding something Schwarz to his garage sometime soon...?? ?

I happen to know that the 2000 with the twin round headlights and TiSA steel wheels will probably soon be coming up for sale.  However, it's of course RHD...

Already have a "late model" black BMW ?

IMG_9518_zps471c7f61.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

3 hours ago, jgerock said:

Already have a "late model" black BMW ?

IMG_9518_zps471c7f61.jpg

And lovely as that is Jim (and being a 335i - it truly is a lovely car!), you know just as well as me, that it just doesn't really cut it on this forum...  ?

Edited by 02Anders

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.