• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QSC pistons

Hans

5 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Read this thread.  Some insights.

Unless I missed it, that thread included no actual experience regarding the usage of QSC brand pistons. (But, rather, the OP was willing to try a set of cheap pistons in an otherwise costly engine rebuild.)

This thread popped up on a search.

• 11 months later...
33 minutes ago, kontango said:

No updates on the quality of these pistons? No one tried them yet?

I guess there are a few guys running around with them but are waiting to see what they are like at 200,000 miles. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I guess if no one is complaining about them on here it seems they're fine. I see lots have been sold on eBay that were specific to BMW 02s and I doubt everyone is just keeping them around as shiny paperweights. I'd obviously prefer to go forged and with something I'm sure is of high build quality but when you're restoring a car saving $600 in one line item is substantial any way you look at it.