• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Nicky Hayden

irdave

For those of you that know who this guy is, I hate bearing bad news.

Apparently he was hit by a car while training on his bicycle in Italy near Misano.  Ironic that a life spent on the limit on a motorcycle ends on a bicycle.

RIP Nick.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/rip-nicky-hayden-1981-2017/

Sorry- just realized this is off topic, but he was such a great guy.

Edited by irdave
Apology

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Oh he died, damn. I read about the accident and hoped he will be ok. So much similar than Schumachers' case, accident briefly after great racing career, only that Schumi is barely alive which is maybe worse. RIP.

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

I grew up in Owensboro and know his family and the whole town is sad, He and his brothers and sister are younger than me but his Dad Earl was always about the kids and racing .

Nicky and Tommy, and Roger are all great but Nicky was the one who carried the torch for the Family worldwide.

Again GREAT Family and Nicky will be missed, This is the second death in the family as a cousin one of the Gilliam twins was killed in a race several years ago

RIP Nicky

I'm so sorry to see him pass away....I watched him start his professional debut about 20 years ago.

God bless him and his family...he was doing what he loved...riding a two wheeler.

Light is seriously underrated.

I've been depressed ever since I heard about the accident and it immediately became clear that the situation was hopeless. I'm a lifelong Superbike & MotoGP fanatic and Nicky was one of my heroes. When I worked at Sears Point Raceway in the early 2000's, I not only watched him win the AMA Superbike race on the Honda RC51, but also got to shake his hand and chat for a few minutes. I was immediately struck by what a warm and genuine person he was with none of the ego or attitude of his competitors. In 2006, the year he won MotoGP, I sneakily planned our honeymoon at Big Sur so we could watch the race at Laguna, which he won handily on the Repsol Honda. I'm still in shock and so sad...my heart goes out to his family. RIP @#69kentuckykid.

COOP

As an avid cyclist in one of the scariest states to ride in (Florida), I see daily the risk cyclist take.  He is another in a large list of fatal bicycle - car "accidents" so far this year.   http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/michele-scarponi-killed-in-training/

A massive loss totally sick over it.

TnT_2015-04-28.jpg

Edited by Mike_R

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.