• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50 years old today

tups

The first registration of my Belgian CKD BMW 1600-2 was on the 22nd of May 1967, exactly 50 years ago today.

She's still going strong, and she's even made a little friend, which is a few years younger (Dec. 1971).

In honour of her birthday, I gave her a good wash today and took her for a drive.

Happy birthday!

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5161.JPG

IMG_5162.JPG

One of the first '02 members of the half century club.  Congrats. 

Especially like that panel-mounted rear fog light.  Was that factory installed due to it being required in Belgium, or was it added by the owner?

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

6 hours ago, Henning said:

Interesting to see that a May 67 car has the swan neck at the front end of the door. Is it a Hohe with the three stars on the back?

Thanks Hennig. Well, the ancillaries are a bit mix and match. Both the wipers and the mirror are Trico, which is English, last time I checked. There are differently spaced holes under the present mirror, so it may not be the original one. The fog lamps are Cibié.

2 hours ago, mike said:

Especially like that panel-mounted rear fog light.  Was that factory installed due to it being required in Belgium, or was it added by the owner?

Thanks Mike :) 

The rear fog light was a standard item in Belgium, required by law, and you see this exact light on many car brands sold at the time. I can't say whether it was factory or dealer installed (for the CD cars factory and dealer was pretty much the same thing), but the car wouldn't have come off the lot without it, because it was required. A round one would have been nicer though...