• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What interior color is this?

Mucci

Thanks for the replys.

I'd like to find a full interior in the slightly darker tan color. I think it's considered the "early saddle color" according to this thread.

Early is on the left:

post-751-13667592298126_thumb.jpg.4aed28ffb8d195a38753b6a8545c68a1.jpg

Is it difficult to track down interior parts in this color? I'm only finding the Gobi.

Would it be easier to dye the Gobi light Saddle?

I need everything but the drivers seats.

1975 2002 - US Spec, Taiga Green

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

The seat on the left, the early one is Tobacco, followed by Saddle on the right.  That Buckskin vinyl looks nothing like BMW ever used.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

42 minutes ago, HBChris said:

The seat on the left, the early one is Tobacco, followed by Saddle on the right.  That Buckskin vinyl looks nothing like BMW ever used.

Thank you.

I find it confusing having a 75 with a Tan interior. Trying to do research for recovering some Recaros I purchased awhile ago. Descriptions run all over the place, Anything in the brown-tan category seems to fall in the range of : Natural, Gobi Tan, Sand, Parchment, Buckskin, Saddle, Tobacco, Pearl Beige...Etc. Etc. Usually with the picture submitted by some vendors they can look the same, or very different..  It just seems a bit difficult trying to order the right color. 

I have just decided to save up some scratch and send my door cards and seats to Dave Varco at AArdvarc Racing. He will do it right. 

Still waiting for my Car to come back from the hospital for Transmission, Differential, Heater Box, Cooling, AC, suspension transplants and Rust destruction for close to a year now...

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

8 hours ago, Mucci said:

I know it's possible to dye the interior but does anyone have any experience with the quality or longevity of doing that?

i've dyed a lot of vinyl...as long as you don't clean it with lacquer thinner or other hash chemicals it will look good forever

provided you properly clean & prep the material

2 hours ago, esty said:

i've dyed a lot of vinyl...as long as you don't clean it with lacquer thinner or other hash chemicals it will look good forever

provided you properly clean & prep the material

Great to hear, thanks Esty. This is going to be a piece by piece operation so it'd be much easier if I could dye some to match. 

Which dye company do you use?

Edited by Mucci

1975 2002 - US Spec, Taiga Green