• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 BMW 2000tilux

Naz

I have a 1967 BMW 2000tilux that needs new strut mounts. Does anyone have any for sale? I can't seem to find any online anywhere. I did manage to order the front shocks out of Germany through bilstien. Also, I've read some posts indicating that it's  a good idea to swap out the front sub frame with a 2002 subframe. Do the 2002 motor mounts not work on the

2000? I just started taking this car apart and am slowly realizing that parts are not as easy to come by as the 2002's 

I think they are the same as a 3.0 Coupe ( ???) - Expensive but available

Naz-  welcome- What is your cars Vin # and where are you located ?

Please post some pictures and add it to the registry at the top of the NK Forum.

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

I'm in Vancouver Canada. It's an interesting story this car. I purchased it 24 years ago in an estate sale in Calgary. It belonged to a judge that brought it to Canada from the Black Forest in Germany and it sat in his garage for 20 years. I fell into hard times and had to sell the car 20 years ago. Last month I called up the fellow I sold it to and asked if he still had the car as I was interested in buying it back. Well turns out it was sitting in his garage for 20 years and still needed shocks. He never drove it! He was happy to sell it back to me as he wasn't so inclined to fix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome story!  Martin Meissner may know the car! 

Found this old article Yes same as the 3.0 and others-  Looks like the price went up though.

Edited by jmon0261

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

If an e9 strut bearing works, then buy the e12 strut bearing, only around $100 each.  Be sure to buy the short mounting studs as the e12 is longer.

Edited by HBChris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

11 hours ago, jmon0261 said:

used to be BMW Mobil Tradition to send the vin # into to get information on date of manufacturing and delivery.

But might have changed. Sure someone will chime in. 

Email VIN to BMW Archives and request their data (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com).

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Naz, you have the nicest 2000 Tilux I have seen in 50 years. You're so lucky to have gotten a car that was stored for 40 years. Although these prices might seem a bit high for parts, your car is remarkably clean. If I were you I would go on a massive rustproofing binge, and also consider using waxoyl inside the rockers, rear shock tower boxes etc. Beautiful car. My first car was a 2000 Tilux drivetrain and interior swapped into an 1800.

Sincerely, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum