• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric 2002

DEZIMADE

I know these were used during the 1972 Munich Olympics. I believe that is why they were built.

BMW converted a 1972 BMW 1602 sports sedan to all-electric drive for the 1972 Munich Olympic games. 

Replacing its gasoline M10 four-cylinder engine with a bank of lead acid batteries and a 32-kilowatt motor, BMW engineers managed to squeeze enough range out of the car to allow it to operate as a support car on the 26-mile marathon course. 

These were the first electric cars to use regenerative braking something all electric cars do today 25-30 miles on a lead acid battery is pretty impressive, lead acid batterys are a slow charging battery by nature not like the new l/i batterys in use to day, you can charge a Nissan Leaf in 15 Minutes with a commercial charger today and that's a lot of amps moving in a short period of time 

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Cute...but can it do this? :D

e69f6b31faa376d564854cfddb66275c?AccessK    199038e1758cf24febda68070a9f754f?AccessK

...sorry, I shamelessly plug my buddy's car any chance I can get.  It is....amazing.  http://www.zombie222.com/

and, yes, Mitch definitely wants to build an electric '02 for anyone interested...

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

1800 foot pounds of torque at all rpms and the host needs to try a burn out, not many things in life can be assumed on face value but I think you could assume that a 67 Mustang with that amount of power will do a burn out:o:D.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944