• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding Oil to Kugelfischer pump. Urgent.

off topic, but .....  lower right corner:  I see what I'm guessing is the battery cable going through that bracket thingie attached to the KF spring bracket thingie.  I highly recommend getting a rubber grommet into the bracket thingie hole to prevent the battery cable insulation from wearing through.

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

You don't need to check it or top it off, but you do need to add oil prior to starting if the Kfish is dead dry after a rebuild or years of sitting.  Top plug you circled is for filling.

Edited by lilmo

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

Helped my friend with his initial start up and sure enough you could see dry metal at the bottom of the filling hole.  With the info from the FAQ we topped it up before spinning and everything is good.

Thanks all, for the pictures and words.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Thanks  Paul, your helpful ,and inspirational!  Cheers folks for the feedback.

Dean ( 1 1/2 -73 tii's)