• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Folvo Powered Pig Cheeks is finally running on Webers

Anyone that knows me has heard of or seen the Pig Cheek project I've had on the back burner for about 3 years , finally I have room at our shop & a plan. I removed the injection & turbo ( I didn't get the programming & a turbo was mental in an 02 with up to 700HP I don't think so. The Folvo is a Ford 2.3 T'bird turbo block with a Volvo 16 valve twin cam head .I decided to go the twin 45 Weber route, made a manifold installed a Computronix ignition ( this is how I found Lew ) & just got her running. The mental exhaust is done as the only header I could buy was for a turbo ( The Volvo is a turbo car ) I wanted to keep the costs & fab time low. So the exhaust is starting to take shape, it is stainless steel so will be polished . She runs like an animal & is extremely loud so off to the muffler shop next. Then I can undo all the PO's home spun fabrication & tidy up the installation. I removed the intercooler, turbo & injection as well as a bunch of other crap. I'll keep updating as the project gets closer to the street. Paint scheme is in honor of the TiK cars from the late 60's, the factory race team.

uKVrF8h.jpg

pFtBBug.jpg

bGMt2XH.jpg

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

1 hour ago, TobyB said:

Needs turbo...

t

I agree with this. Insanity and pig cheeks go together like diesels and rednecks (guilty).

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Thanks for the comments,I have another trunk lid without the wing that iwill be included, as Roadhog0 said Pigcheeks = mental ,it's my hint at a CSL I drove it with the turbo before the injection was removed ( we had too many hours trying to get it to run right ) I broke the driveshaft that the PO spliced together & on hard acceleration the 3" exhaust hit the ground !! way too much for a stock diff. This will be for sale when completed & I don't want to build something that is too crazy 200 - 300 HP in an 02 is way too much anyway , with the turbo these Folvo's have been getting up to 700HP that's just insane . I will be getting her dyno'd & having a day at Willow Springs with the wing ;) to see what she can do.I'll do a video when the exhaust is redone.

1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Mufflers Monday so I thought I'd give her a run out , sounds pretty good with no mufflers , just a down pipe , I can't wait to get the mufflers done so I can Jet the Webers properly , at least she's a runner/driver now .