• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002"s attending Bimmerfest 2016 California

vinceg14

I was able to get out to Bimmerfest today.  During the time I was there I saw maybe 20-25 02s.  It was nice to meet people that I had only knew from their postings.  Even encourage a couple of people to join and start posting, you know who you are :)

I didn't take a ton of pictures this year but here are a few.

IMG_0834_1920.jpg

IMG_0848_1920.jpg

IMG_0849_1920.jpg

IMG_0850_1920.jpg

IMG_0851-A_1920.jpg

IMG_0852_1920.jpg

IMG_0853_1920.jpg

IMG_0855_1920.jpg

IMG_0857_1920.jpg

IMG_0860_1920.jpg

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

Nice to meet some folks like @KenH! Thanks to @arminyack for hooking me up with the rocker nuts I needed to get the car running. Maiden voyage was to Bimmerfest. Idle isn't so hot but it was nice and solid on the freeway... charged up to 80mph just once and it felt like it wanted more.

Track trial and autocross was cool to see along with the vintage corral and owners but I was reminded how little I care anymore for the rest of the Bimmerfest frat party.

I don't have any great photos because apparently I'm worse at that than I am at tuning carbs!

53 minutes ago, theNomad said:

Nice to meet some folks like @KenH! Thanks to @arminyack for hooking me up with the rocker nuts I needed to get the car running. Maiden voyage was to Bimmerfest. Idle isn't so hot but it was nice and solid on the freeway... charged up to 80mph just once and it felt like it wanted more.

Track trial and autocross was cool to see along with the vintage corral and owners but I was reminded how little I care anymore for the rest of the Bimmerfest frat party.

I don't have any great photos because apparently I'm worse at that than I am at tuning carbs!

Yeah....the rest of the nonsense that goes on outside of the vintage area is kind of a joke, and does no speak well for modern car culture! Good seeing your 02 up and going!

Glad there were lots of 02s there on saturday...I went today...saw just 1 02 there and as I was leaving saw 1 more pulling in...lots of modern BMWs and lots of parking lot burnouts...thought it was a Fast and Furious tryouts..lol...I'll stick to the Vintage events...I brought lots of cash hoping to score some nice parts...not ONE vintage BMW vendor.  It was nice to see Le Tran's Turbo again though!  NICE car!

Edited by jrhone

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

We have to remember this was a BMW Enthousist event. On Saturday it seemed every 4th car was an M4 with Wheels and an Exhaust.

so in other words $70k....most of these wheel tire packages were +$3k so you can see where the money is, not in vintage parts. I don't think any vintage parts dealer could have justified the expense for the 30-40 vintage attendees out if the 1000+ attendees.

as to the attitudes it was interesting to me because 12 years ago when I was driving a digital car I was all about the performance tuning, suspension and big brakes, today's crowd seemed to be all about the 20" wheel package. Dinan Ground Control and VF Engineering had almost empty booths. Big Wheels with tight dresses and Big Boobs were the stars on the vendor booths. I wonder what this means for the future SEMA's........

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

36 minutes ago, chargin said:

We have to remember this was a BMW Enthousist event. On Saturday it seemed every 4th car was an M4 with Wheels and an Exhaust.

so in other words $70k....most of these wheel tire packages were +$3k so you can see where the money is, not in vintage parts. I don't think any vintage parts dealer could have justified the expense for the 30-40 vintage attendees out if the 1000+ attendees.

as to the attitudes it was interesting to me because 12 years ago when I was driving a digital car I was all about the performance tuning, suspension and big brakes, today's crowd seemed to be all about the 20" wheel package. Dinan Ground Control and VF Engineering had almost empty booths. Big Wheels with tight dresses and Big Boobs were the stars on the vendor booths. I wonder what this means for the future SEMA's........

I guess I was expecting it to be like SoCal Vintage with some new cars stuff as well.  When I went to Bimmerfest a few years back in Pasadena, there were several Vintage booths. Ireland, Aardvarc, and a few others as well.  Maybe they realized SoCal Vintage was worth it more.  Oh well!  It was still cool to see a bunch of BMWs.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon

A much different event from Pasadena Rose Bowl Bimmerfest for sure, more profitable for the promoter for sure

I also went to the Pasadena event and enjoyed it, Fontana not so much

image.jpeg

Edited by chargin
Remove photo

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

Yup I agree...I know from the turnout at SoCal Vintage there is a following for classic Bimmer's.  I just hoped they would figure out how to add that group to the current Bimmerfest.  Thats all I was saying.  Yes I know there was big money vendors.  Guys with their F10 M5's and M4's buying high bling wheels.  Yup I get that.  I have a buddy with a new M5 and a 10K exhaust...I expected to see him there actually...lol.

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon