• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002"s attending Bimmerfest 2016 California

vinceg14

In recent years this event has changed a lot. It would be great to see some 2002's out there. Anyone with a stock or modified 02 planning on attending? I would love the chance to see an M20 swapped 02 up close. Who is going next Saturday? 

Ok, so I didn't even realize it was at Fontana Speedway since I thought it was always held up north. 
I may go to see some '02s, view the centennial corral, and see the vendors. I can do without viewing the "maximize debt" show cars.

Will you guys park in the infield or the outer lot?

I can definitely have the car purring by then, if not out on its maiden voyage.

I am going on Saturday. I figure there will be more vendors on Saturday. I did not go last year so I am not sure what to expect with the Speed Ventures track day event. It could be an interesting mix of garage built and shop supported BMW's. I did not notice if  BMWCCA Club Racing was involved. 

I'm out this year (SAT Champions league final).

This is  a fun, day long event;  It seems that they've expanded the event to two days, SAT & SUN.  I think SAT will be the better of the two days (IMO).  Always good to get there early, classic guys get pushed to the front; the parking correl is near the entrance of the actual event.  Bring your chairs and FULL ice chests.  Once the track event starts up, it's kinda cool with lots of cars waiting to get on.  Good fun with your Bimmer brethren.

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

...............you can peel out when you want; last year i drove out with a couple of friends from Garden Grove and we started into the gate around 0700, line up was early BUT the crowd will swell so much it was worth an early arrival.  I believe we left around 1:00 pm.

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

Most of us baled around 1-2pm last year. I hope having 2 days of this wont dilute the 02 attendees too much! I was planning on going Sat....but since I live so close, and I'm not doing anything else, maybe both days! We'll see how it pans out. I'm not much interested in anything else but the the vintage corral.

2 minutes ago, theNomad said:

I'll probably do sat then but won't be going at 7. Probably try for 10 and leave around 1 or so.

Is everyone parking in the infield?

Last year, I just drove straight in to the Heritage Corral. The parking attendants just pointed the way....its right next to the entrance