• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 Tii in Los Angeles, CA

Mark92131

I saw this ad and thought I would pass it along in case some of you hit the winning lottery numbers.  A 1974 BMW 2002 Tii Euro model in Atlantik over Grey.  There was an Atlantik car at Bavarian Rennsport that was being painted right before mine hit the paint booth.  I don't know if this is the car, but Bill Holmes rebuilt the FI pump, so it could be it.  Turned out nice.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

P.S. (Not the same car, apparently restored by Coupe King)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5438336546.html

post-33686-0-78627200-1454971711_thumb.j

Edited by Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Gorgeous color combo. Figured it was Coupe King, as that's a favorite spot of theirs to snap photos-even light, industrial setting. My '62 Bonneville Sport Coupe was Cobalt Blue over Parchment, very similar. I WANT.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

Gorgeous color combo. Figured it was Coupe King, as that's a favorite spot of theirs to snap photos-even light, industrial setting. My '62 Bonneville Sport Coupe was Cobalt Blue over Parchment, very similar. I WANT.

Do you think it's a good deal? It's not factory colors too... 40k for a tii seems like a lot, but do you think it's worth it?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

88 IX, 74 02, 72 02tii

Do you think it's a good deal? It's not factory colors too... 40k for a tii seems like a lot, but do you think it's worth it?

Well...the mkt is a bit nutty right now. It certainly seems condition-wise head and tails over any other tii being offered right now at that price but 42.5K...jeez. That's a tough one. I'm sure that there's about that much into the car, but it's not a roundie and color change on a tii restored to Concours condition??? I just don't know. People don't seem to have an issue with color changes on Daytona's or E-types, but those are different birds altogether/another segment of the mkt entirely. Whatever the mkt'll bear/bring I guess. Bummer for folks like me and most others in the '02 community who have enjoyed being somewhat under the radar for yrs, enjoying our precious little secret...

Well...the mkt is a bit nutty right now. It certainly seems condition-wise head and tails over any other tii being offered right now at that price but 42.5K...jeez. That's a tough one. I'm sure that there's about that much into the car, but it's not a roundie and color change on a tii restored to Concours condition??? I just don't know. People don't seem to have an issue with color changes on Daytona's or E-types, but those are different birds altogether/another segment of the mkt entirely. Whatever the mkt'll bear/bring I guess. Bummer for folks like me and most others in the '02 community who have enjoyed being somewhat under the radar for yrs, enjoying our precious little secret...

Yeah color change is pretty forbidden for 02s. Yeah I enjoyed when prices were low too but since we keep posting these market finds here the prices have been rising unrealistically...

88 IX, 74 02, 72 02tii

Yeah color change is pretty forbidden for 02s. Yeah I enjoyed when prices were low too but since we keep posting these market finds here the prices have been rising unrealistically...

I don't think that is a cause type relationship. The market is climbing on its own. Our secret is out!

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

I don't think that is a cause type relationship. The market is climbing on its own. Our secret is out!

Yeah, it's just that time in the mkt. Everything from that period is getting hot now, following on the coattails of 911S's, E9 coupe's, early Countach's, 246 Dino's, etc. All those folks are wealthy enough to pursue their teenage dreams, so all of the peripheral (i.e. less exotic, bread and butter) European cars are getting swept up too. Even, egads, 308GT4's (not bread and butter, just ghastly looking. But hey, it's a Ferrari!)! 

Edited by 1936spyder

Okay, so if I had the money to buy a 2002tii and I was going to pay that much for it....

I 'm thinking that it has to be matching numbers engine and original color at the very least.

That paint color sticker through me off, but then I realized those are available new.

Please don't misunderstand, it looks like a nice car with a very detailed paint job, just sayin'..

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

Okay, so if I had the money to buy a 2002tii and I was going to pay that much for it....

I 'm thinking that it has to be matching numbers engine and original color at the very least.

That paint color sticker through me off, but then I realized those are available new.

Please don't misunderstand, it looks like a nice car with a very detailed paint job, just sayin'..

OK I agree I was just curious of other opinions.

88 IX, 74 02, 72 02tii