• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spacers for bottle caps

Go to solution Solved by xferboy,

had to dig deep in the history of my car for this one.  the day i brought it home.

75 with bottlecaps.  no spacers needed.

DSCN3140.jpg

those wheels lasted about one block of driving before i got rid of them.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

because i think they are ugly.  they belong on base model E30's where they came from.  redeeming qualities are that they are great for putting snow tires on for the E30 winter beater car....and they are cheap or free because the E30 crowd practically throws them away.

2014-02-01_10-09-58_820.jpg

:D  that is just my opinion.... everyone has their own taste in accessories! :D

they should bolt right up with no issues.  is the wheel the problem or are the tires the wrong size?  do you have a non-stock suspension?

Edited by mlytle
  • Like 1

2xM3

• Solution

For what it's worth:

Using bottle caps with GC coil over conversion on a tii set of struts, I did need minor spacing (5mm?) and I did add longer studs.  I had to leave the spacers in when I went to basket weaves.  The spacers were bought from a local speed shop, probably meant to run on mini-stock circle track car.

I don't have the width/ET handy, but can be gotten, if you need.

Hope that helps.

Couldn't agree more  with Mlytle 

Bottle Caps are just  Butt Ugly IMHO !!  They have been offered free to me and I won't take them

If you have to have 14 inch wheels,  then step up to the premium level of Basketweaves  They actually look OK

otherwise stay with the 13s  or go to 15s

just sayin

The 14x6 bottlecaps should fit without spacers on the rears but you may need some additional space on the fronts. Watch out for inner balance leads hitting your bleeder nipples on the front calipers. You need 8 turns on the studs for sufficient grip, also need proper lugs for these rims, not the lugs you have for the original steelies. Finally, it is almost imposible to get 13 inch rubber, so 14s are a better option and while bottlecaps provide more bling than basket weaves, turbos are prettier but hard to find.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Looks are subjective. For the price, I like the looks of bottle caps on my square tail. I've had mine on for three years with Michelin Pilots 195/60R14's and never had any rubbing although the tire is very close to the steering arm. No spacers needed.

What size tire are you running? If you use spacers, don't forget to put on the longer wheel studs.