• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interest in possible group buy??

BLUNT

I'd most likely be in on a set. Do you think they'd make them in 14" size if there was enough interest?

I dont think theres enough interest.  Its a big buy in to get them to tool up. Im just not sure theres a market

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Dearest Leader,

Those are BEAUTIFUL wheels!  Just sick.  However, I know my 15x7.5 et25 Ronal LSes *barely* fit under my stock '69's bodywork, and I had to be careful about tire selection.  That said they did have a nice lip to them.  Maybe the (4x100) VW and Honduh losers (hah, j/k!!!!) might be interested and it would be a way (or two ways) to expand the group buy?  Just a thought.  Also e30s.... ;)

EDIT: Im looking at that design and trying to mentally figure out which would be harder to clean, the LSes or those (prolly those)....  But that's why God invented the pressure washer, right? 

-Your Humble Servant

Edited by robspeed

Dearest Leader,

Those are BEAUTIFUL wheels!  Just sick.  However, I know my 15x7.5 et25 Ronal LSes *barely* fit under my stock '69's bodywork, and I had to be careful about tire selection.  That said they did have a nice lip to them.  Maybe the (4x100) VW and Honduh losers (hah, j/k!!!!) might be interested and it would be a way (or two ways) to expand the group buy?  Just a thought.  Also e30s.... ;)

EDIT: Im looking at that design and trying to mentally figure out which would be harder to clean, the LSes or those (prolly those)....  But that's why God invented the pressure washer, right? 

-Your Humble Servant

Trust me I considered that fact also. These would be a pain for sure. With the right brush it would be less so  Just like style 5s

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I'm interested....not that I need another set of wheels but the idea of an updated "modern" version of that wheel is a great idea. Any chance for a 15x8 et 25 as well?

I dont think 15x8 ET25 is happening  As of late Im not sure there is interest to do the 15x7. Its a huge cash outlay to tool up to do one size. Unfortunately our old cars just dont have enough market share to entice manufacturers to jump in

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

How many commitments do you need to get them going?

I have to lay out cash for 50 sets  to do the run. I have no problem putting up the money and I dont expect 50 commitments but Id sure need more than 6 or 8

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

15x7 ET 25 4x100 57.1CB approx 16lbs Italian made cast alloy. Id need to buy a lot of them and Im not sure the interest is there but I for one think we need something other than the Panasport look. This is a guess... but I suspect them to be in the 250.00 per wheel range

Put your name down if youd drop 1k on a set of Cromodora reps in 15".. All comments pro or con welcome..

blunttech_zps8ovgwogb.jpg

Looks to be specifically an aluminum alloy reproduction of the magnesium alloy Cromodora CD68, which was, somewhat surprisingly, available in a 15x7 version for a 4x98 (Fiat) PCD. Beautiful rims, but in the '70s, I could only DREAM of the magnesium alloy Cromodora's and Campagnolo's. BWA's and BBS-Mahle's were more attainable goals. Here's a list of '02-era Cromodora models:

http://www.histowheels.com/Cromodora/

If many '02 owners today don't readily associate Cromodora's and Campagnolo's with '02s, it's because such rims were expensive and, therefore, rare.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I have to lay out cash for 50 sets  to do the run. I have no problem putting up the money and I dont expect 50 commitments but Id sure need more than 6 or 8

Wow, didn't realize it was that many, and totally agree about needing more commitments. Have you thought about reaching out to other groups as robspeed suggested?

Wow, didn't realize it was that many, and totally agree about needing more commitments. Have you thought about reaching out to other groups as robspeed suggested?

Yeah it was a higher number than I hoped for but id sure like to see more options avail for us. Rob had good suggestions and I will look into thouse but so busy with new site launch currently. Not sure there would be a draw in the E30 market as it seeems 10 inch wide rims with 195s is the norm nowadays

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com