• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BBS RS047 Rebuild and install

nicktahoe

Those look great..  Somewhat related....I got a wheel brush from my father that is the best thing thats ever happened to me. I used to dread cleaning style 5s. and I have 5 sets of them. You can clean a style 5 in 30 seconds and not harm it. Im trying to buy these in bulk but cant locate them yet

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Those look great..  Somewhat related....I got a wheel brush from my father that is the best thing thats ever happened to me. I used to dread cleaning style 5s. and I have 5 sets of them. You can clean a style 5 in 30 seconds and not harm it. Im trying to buy these in bulk but cant locate them yet

Let us know when you find the brushes.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Very cool. I am currently in the process of sourcing a set of RS's from Ewheel works in Mocksville NC. Going with the ET25 offset and grey faces instead of gold. The RS is such a classic wheel for these cars. Post up some more pics of your wheels mounted to the car! 

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice,luckily drool doesn't mark the rims :)

Yeah, my bet is that he keeps a "drool rag" handy, like we did when our twins were a year old!  Now that I think of it, that rag could serve a dual purpose.  Use it for drool, then on the wheels.  You wouldn't want to reverse it though.

74 Amazonas tii, Bill Holman built, dual throttle bodies, Shrick 304, Stahl header, five speed, big brakes, H&R springs, Bilsteins, E30 BBS wheels.

• 6 months later...

Super looking wheels!

I'm looking at a set of RS047's for my 2002tii. How do they fit? Did you need to use spacers or have you had any issues with rubbing or clearance?

Thanks. I ended up with 8mm spacers in the front and 10mm on the rear. I also went with a 185/55/15 tire to help with any potential rubbing issues. Everything fit's very nicely with the suspension and brake mods and no rubbing. 

'71 2002 Riveria

Thanks. I ended up with 8mm spacers in the front and 10mm on the rear. I also went with a 185/55/15 tire to help with any potential rubbing issues. Everything fit's very nicely with the suspension and brake mods and no rubbing. 

Nice job, and thanks for replying so quickly.

I'm no expert at all, but figured 185 might be a little narrow for 7" rims. Did the 185 tires need to be stretched out a little? Any problems?

Did you have enough wheel nut length to bolt on the wheels ok with the 10mm spacers?

Thanks again nicktahoe. You're an inspiration!

Do you have any more photos? I'd love to see them!!! Sweet looking car.

Nice job, and thanks for replying so quickly.

I'm no expert at all, but figured 185 might be a little narrow for 7" rims. Did the 185 tires need to be stretched out a little? Any problems?

Did you have enough wheel nut length to bolt on the wheels ok with the 10mm spacers?

Thanks again nicktahoe. You're an inspiration!

Do you have any more photos? I'd love to see them!!! Sweet looking car.

Typically 185 is slightly narrow for a 7" wheel but they are only 0.4" narrower than a 195 in the same aspect ratio. I put some pics of the tire profile when I was looking at tire sizes a year ago or so before I finished the RS's. No problems at all. I think a lot of people are apprehensive about a small stretch but I think it makes for a good look and still handles just fine. I was going for fitment over traction as my car is mostly just driven around town and not tracked. (Although i think it would still do pretty well on a circuit)

I installed extended studs on all of the hubs (front and rear) just to make sure i had enough. Ended up cutting just a bit off of the front ones but the rears were good. 

I have a bunch of pics up on my Instagram account if you'd like to take a look. Username: nicktahoe

Cheers. 

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/152255-pic-request18555r15-on-15x7-rim/?hl=%2B185+%2B15x7

'71 2002 Riveria

Looks great! To me the tire doesn't even look stretched, so looks like a very nice solution.

I figure narrower tires are only going to help steering weight too given many of us fit steering wheels smaller than stock.

Hopefully my tire guy won't have an issue with fitting extended studs to my hubs. Is it difficult?

Cheers.