• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[PNW Introductions!] Who are you? Where are you from?

S-L

Congrats, great car!! While older cars are not Eastside Bav's bread and butter, they did a lot of work on my not as old as an '02 635csi when I used to live down there and didn't mind the old things. Ken, their front desk man, and Dave the owner are both great guys so if they are convenient for somethings I wouldn't hesitate to call them. Sometimes the haul into seattle from out there can be a drag.They may not be into older stuff anymore, its been a few years since I have been there but the least they can say is no. A bonus is seeing interesting stuff like the M1 i got to check out once.

• Like 1

1973 2002

1985 R100RS

1987 635csi

2002 Boxster S

1 hour ago, jimbojames said:

Seconding Midnight Motorsports, though he's been a little difficult to get ahold of lately. Anyone heard from him?

I was there about two weeks ago to pick up a used engine, and he seemed healthy and was just working away. 

Thanks Ron!

James and I have been ribbing each other for quite a while now (even though we have never met!)

We are both 02 and Westfalia Fans ...

although there is a nasty rumor that he is going to get a Carat ... which is almost like getting a Bravaria!

Anyway ... i was allllll into going to the 02022020 event up there ... but ended up going to Fully Charged in Austin.

Maybe next year ... but it will take 3-4 days to get there!

Go Huskies

G

yeah ... i went to UW for grad school!

1970 1600-2 VERONA conversion at Moment Motors

• 2 months later...

I live in North End Tacoma, we have a couple of 02's and an early 911.   I enjoy working on vintage German Cars, especially the restoration process.  I also enjoy auto-crossing my Pig Cheek Tribute.   We have only been in the PNW for a few years now so I look forward to meeting some new people that share the passion. 

Bob 

• Like 3

72 Chamonix 02 

72 Inka "Pig Cheek" Alpina tribute 

69 911 Outlaw 

Welcome to the PNW Group. 

Keep an eye out for an invite to the next Cruise to Leavenworth in late September or early October. 

Cheers, James

• Like 1

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My name is Pete and I’m just getting back into ‘02s. Live in Portland and bought my first car when I was 15, a blue ‘69. It then got backed into and I turned it into a ‘73 rebuild from John’s import. Then a few years later I converted it into a tii with the help of a great guy (name I wish I could remember his name) who was in the Multnomah neighborhood. With help from him and Mike O’Hara, I was obsessed.

After regrettably selling that car, I’m back with a 1972 Malaga Tii. Bought from a friend’s brother who had it since 1990. Sunroof, tobacco (I think). Front end damage. Rusted fenders and spare well. The kugelfischer leaks and the engine and rear end have drips. 

I can’t wait to spend all my money. 

I am looking for local connections for parts and advice. Feel free to reach out. 

Thanks!

Pete

8FC2A299-E923-4885-BBF9-BF6151DEE79A.jpeg

17598773-6CB2-4A26-8702-7B9FC9D4FDE8.jpeg

74527D83-759D-4763-8738-503C4EBEE114.jpeg

961E8235-3E7E-4AF4-9690-E338B677E78D.jpeg

Edited by Pete Boi
Updating the restoration
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

Another new member in Tacoma, I grew up in the area and have lived in the Puget Sound most of my life. I'm new to 02's but I've wanted one for a long time and have been lurking around the FAQ for awhile.

This year I finally got the opportunity to purchase a '69 2002 in Granada from another member in Washington. It's an automatic, not running, and needs a lot of work. But overall it's really quite solid and straight. I'm very excited to work on it, even if incredibly slowly, haha. 

I'm very happy to have the FAQ!

-peter

PXL_20200927_211716455.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome Peter! Please send me a PM with your contact info and I'll add you to the email list. We post get together and event info here and via email too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

On 8/15/2020 at 9:34 PM, Fletcher said:

awaiting my 76 Mint Grun project.

Belatedly realize I never updated this.  

It arrived a couple months ago and I’ve been busily working on it since. ??

(Better hood & new front fenders have arrived since this picture. In process of installing now)

3C737B7B-0912-4A85-AF12-10036E64180B.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi! I just joined and im currently working on a 2002 with my dad that has been sitting in the driveway for the past 20 years. my dad told me a bunch of cool stories of him driving my mom around in that thing around Alki Beach when they first came to America. would love to meet up with anyone in the community when our project is finally finished. we're currently looking for someone to help replace the rusted out floor panels. 

• Like 1

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors