• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess the (future) Part...

Rocan

I see it now.  that's a sweet mod idea.  Keep the stock strut top bearings for ride quality.. wait.  <_<  Will the tops need shimmed to compensate for the center line angle change/bearing load that occurs?

Regardless, I could ditch the 1/4 thick camber plates that only get me about .75 degrees of negative.

Edited by eurotrash

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

These are for the rear. I haven't looked at the front much, because the fixed camber plates should be good enough for now. I will be making an adapter to allow me to use 2.5" ID coilover Springs with stock top hats though.

I wanted easier adjustability than what's offered by the eccentric or serrated adjusters currently on the market. My car sees use in the winter so I would ideally like to be able to raise an inch over stock ride height for the winter months, so I also needed a greater degree of adjustability than whats currently out there.

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

Brilliant idea , I have a lot of rear camber in my rear end OOHH ERR , it would be good to take some out & have it adjustable, good luck .

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Damnit, that was my idea!

Edit. 

After staring at it for a bit, I'm assuming the upper hole is threaded all the way? If so, maybe machining a slot in the middle, not threading the hole, and inserting one of those square "weld nuts" McMaster sells may be easier/more serviceable. If the threads got mucked up you could replace the nut in a minute for pennies and you wouldn't have to worry about tapping the length of the hole. 

Edit #2. It won't work unfortunately. I tried a similar idea and you'd need to have a single large spherical bearings instead of bushing on the trailing arm/subframe interface. 

Edited by manimal

New M20 swap mounts when I get around to welding them up. I should make this font smaller because it may never happen...🙃

'71 2002 Restomod under the knife, 2012,...2018, 2019 it will run again! 2024? IDK

'74 260z K24 swap

manimal... That is an excellent suggestion. I'll have to consider all the options, but one of the reasons I used a full threaded length is so that the thread will be able to handle the forces from adjusting the camber/toe with the car resting on its wheels. also it provides slightly more consistent settings. 

As you mentioned, grime will be the issue to contend with, but judging by how clean the stock mounts are after likely not having been removed for years, i'm not too concerned. by design, that part of the sub-frame is not exposed to the elements or road grime very much. 

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...