• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How 'bout A Gtg Sometime This Month?

visionaut

Better chance of making the 28th for me, but would try for the 22nd. There is a vintage race at Pueblo the weekend before, June 14/15. We had twelve 02's in our group year before last! Usually at least five or six. If anyone wants to come watch/hangout.

Hi again, guys.

Well, so far I count 5 preferences for 6/22 at Red Rocks, and 1 preference for 6/28 in Golden.  It's also nice to see that most folks who've voted would try to make the other date if their first choice wasn't selected...

I was hoping we'd get a few more votes by now.  Maybe if you know any of the folks who haven't yet responded with a vote, and who indicated an earlier interest in this thread, you can try contacting them to weigh in? [That'd be m6smitten, littleguyschultz, Orange02, and garya at least.]  I'll also try another 'invite PM'...

We'll make a decision/selection by this coming Saturday, whether we get any additional votes or not.  If it's just gonna be a half dozen of us, so be it.   I think it's best to pin it down with at least 2 weeks advance notice.

Recall again -- feel free to mention this meet to any of your friends that are into 2002s or other classic Bimmers, and it's cool to come out even without your own 02.

Later,

Tom

Edited by visionaut
added member names

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

I live in Golden, so either date and time works for me.  Right now my car sprung a leak and losing oil out of the front right side of the block.  I haven't had the chance to diagnose, but thinking it might be the timing cover.

It's now set.

We'll be holding our first FAQ Rocky Mountain 2002ers Meet in 2 weeks.  Thanks everyone for your interest!  :D

Date:  Sunday June 22nd, at 1:00pm

We'll meet and congregate at the wonderful Red Rocks Trading Post parking area, which is located mid-way up into the Park, just below the Concert Amphitheater.  The park should NOT have a concert that date.  The Trading Post should be open, giving us a nice, cozy casual option for some food/refreshments while we hang out.  Afterwards, we can possibly head along to up-top of the Amphitheater, for some photo-ops by the roadway Arch there, and other scenic vistas.

Location Map:  http://redrocksonlin...ll_Road_Map.jpg

Our event will also include a 2002 Trunk Parts Swap!  So bring along any misc 'smaller' 02 related parts or other items you might like to barter/trade/sell out of your trunk amongst the Meet attendees.

We can decide at the meet if we'll also do a short zig-zag Group Drive afterwards up Hwy 74 to Evergreen, CO.

-

So everyone come on out in your 2002s, or whatever else you can drive if your 02 is off the road at the moment, and meet your fellow Rocky Mountain 2002 FAQers.  If you'd like, feel free to also include/invite any friends to come along who enjoy or also drive classic Bimmers.

Prior to the meet, check in here for any changes (the only one I can anticipate might be a bad-weather-related postponement -- so wish for nice weather!).  If I've forgotten anything, or you have anything else to share - don't hesitate to post up.

See ya there!

Tom

Edited by visionaut

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

So, regarding the 2002 Trunk Parts Swap Extravaganza! I'll start it off with my wish list and a list of a few things that I have available.

Wanted: 

A full set of13" or 14" Minilite/Panasport style wheels that actually fit a 2002.  Really early original Magnesium wheels need not apply, I want save "driver" wheels.  Gigantically wide wheels need not apply.  E21 offset wheels need not apply.  Bent wheels or wheels with damaged stud holes need not apply.  Wheels that need cosmetic restoration are OK.    OK, the odds are slim, but asking never hurts...

Pretty much any or all New or NOS restoration parts.  I need to buy almost everything for the 1600.

For Sale:  These are all larger items, so I'll only bring these with me IF someone expresses interest ahead of time and we've talked over the price.

Uncracked one piece dashboard.  It has the hole for the seatbelt light and the 4 speed silkscreening. 

Dashboard overlay.  This is a molded hard plastic one piece overlay that will hide your dashboard's cracks (mostly) and look much better than a shag carpet overlay. 

E21 turbine wheels, in various states of beauty but all good working wheels.  I have several full sets or single wheels available.  Another long shot, that there's any demand for these.  They do work in most situations and are a cheap way to get into alloy wheels. The price will be right.... 

I'll be bringing:

A few of my Auto Trunk openers and my salesman's sample in case anyone's interested.  I won't be bringing any sales pressure.

A few boxes of small items- switches, trim pieces, etc...

Who's next?  Add you wants and items for sale here....

For sale:

Set new rear brake shoes

Set new PBE disc pads DB35 BMXP

81C Tstat & 71C Stat no corrosion , both look unused, tested,

3.5in inlet cone air filter.

Custom trans rear support, new

Pass side poly engine mount, new

DS modified for 5spd, 10k miles on CSB, 3bolt frnt flg

DS partial (needs frnt flg) newly rebuilt, 0miles, new CSB

big assed 2.5 in Magnaflow muffler round,17in lg w/stub pipes

Euro fuel tank vent tube (got rid of my gas, no need now)

stock exh manifold w/heat shield & downpipe

Strut brace new

Gig Lookers Welcome!

Jim

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Going to TRY to make it!

The new engine is in, but still needs some sorting... plus I need to bleed the brakes and get an alignment after the front subframe swap.  

Long story... but my back hurts from all the work I've done on the car in the last 3 months!!

I'll load up my trunk with a bunch of the leftover tasty bits from the parts car.  Let me know if you need anything specific from a '74.

G

The '02er formerly known as Gary in Colorado.

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors