• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Painted 1976 Bmw 2002

It looks like the car has a red interior--is it original or has it been re-done.  And does it have an electric sunroof?  Please post the VIN, and here's why.  

Supposedly the last 200 US spec '76 2002s were all specially equipped to celebrate the end of 02 production.  They were painted Polaris, had electric sunroofs and red leather interiors, also soup plate alloy wheels.  They would have been assembled in late July or August 1976.

I recall one for sale in the BMW CCA Roundel classifieds around 1987, but that's the only one I've ever heard of--never seen one either.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I had my 1976 BMW 2002 painted about a month ago. I only paid $500. For what I paid the guy did an awesome job. Here are some pics.

That is a fantastic paint job for $500, maybe fantastic for even $2,000.

By contrast, just the materials for even a single stage paint job (i.e., no clear coat) for a complete car, even without the underside of the hood and trunk painted, would require a gallon of primer and a gallon of color.  Add to that the reducer for the primer and the reducer and hardener for the color coat.  A top shelf paint, such as Glasurit would cost, wholesale, more than $1,500 for all of the components.  Lesser quality paint would not be too far below $1,000, retail.

The fact that the guy did all the prep work as well makes this a screaming bargain for a good looking daily driver.  Enjoy!

Regards, Maurice. 

Pretty please: a few photos of the red interior?

Screaming good deal: when I think of all the '02s that would immediately increase in value by $2,500 with such a paint job!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

It looks like the car has a red interior--is it original or has it been re-done.  And does it have an electric sunroof?  Please post the VIN, and here's why.  

Supposedly the last 200 US spec '76 2002s were all specially equipped to celebrate the end of 02 production.  They were painted Polaris, had electric sunroofs and red leather interiors, also soup plate alloy wheels.  They would have been assembled in late July or August 1976.

I recall one for sale in the BMW CCA Roundel classifieds around 1987, but that's the only one I've ever heard of--never seen one either.

cheers

mike

Would this edition also have a painted silver grill? Or is that just someones added flavor…

1973 2002 Touring + Alpina A4  /  RHD