• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid America 02 Fest

MikeinNC

Wow    What an event    Best one I have been too so far    50 02s and 2 NKs.   3 Baurs, 2 Tourings, Stock original owner cars, and some pretty nice modified ones.  

Great weather this year, oh boy were we due for that   Bo and Barb and Chris the rest of the gang topped themselves once again.    We are still not quite home so I can load up my pictures but I will do that tomorrow.

Lots of notable folks there this year, Terry Sayther, Ben Tsongai, Jack Fahuna, Mike Self, Rob Seigal, Keith Kreeger, the Rev Skip Chris Leonard and so many more.    Great drive on Friday, tech sessions both days, two expert panel discussions covering various topics of interest to us all.   Saturday was awesome for a car show, and just simply trading tales of 02 lore.   More tech sessions, and awesome cookout and then the topper, awesome door prizes for most of the participants from generous supporters of the event.   

I am worn out, and already planning for coming out next year, even already made my reservations

I hope that everyone makes it home with all the nasty weather going on.

Thanks again Bo for and awesome weekend and to Randy and Marge for being such gracious hosts.

post-32240-0-72737700-1398643818_thumb.j

Mike, it was great seeing you and Eileen, as usual, as well as the Halls! Looking forward to seeing you again soon. No doubt Bo and Barb put on a fantastic event! I managed to make my relatively short trip home as long as possible, which has always been my style. I stopped for my annual photo op at the Junction of 21 & 16, then ran down into Boxley Valley where I had the pleasure of seeing a pair of elk grazing in a pasture adjacent to the Buffalo National River. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones!

post-32064-0-52405700-1398646347_thumb.j

post-32064-0-01053000-1398646373_thumb.j

Edited by skipsfcr

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

An update to my own post - I talked to Skip on the phone and they are okay. Danuel is okay as well. It sounds like the shop was missed as well. He was in the process of checking on friends and coworkers in the area, especially in Vilonia. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed and keep the prayers strong if that's your thing. For those who don't live in this part of the US, this is ugly. 

Byron

76 02 inka

04 r1150r

This was my first Mid America and was blown away... great folks, great cars, and incredible roads. Can't wait for next year!

Thanks to everyone who spoke with me about my car and gave me tips and leads to take it to the next level. I thought my car was pretty sorted out, but after seeing soooo many nice cars, it seems I have a little more work in front of me

Apparently, there was some kind of drive-by, shoot out late Saturday nite... no one was injured but Ray's car took a broadside strafe. Unfortunately, Ray was not in the car at the time... :)

post-42878-0-37315100-1398691081_thumb.j

Getting a ride in this 235hp beast was...eye-opening/sick/ridiculous/unreal...HOLY MACKEREL, I GOTTA HAVE ONE! (except, I'm in the same boat with Mr. Fahuna...I wouldn't know how to use the "confuser" to tune it)

I'll stick with the Solexes for now...

post-42878-0-65217500-1398692301_thumb.j

Thanks again to everyone involved. It was a fantastic event. I'm glad to hear the early reports that the tornados missed our '02 family members in the Arkansas area.

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Nice meeting you Ed, and seeing old and new faces, including Jack Fahuna (an old face ;-) )

I forgot about the bullet holes when we were all stopped at a license check on the way back. The officer didn't comment. :D

Cheers!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

That's Terry Sayther's notorious "Frankenbimmer." It's actually '02 bodywork grafted to a shortened, narrowed E36 M3 pan. It's a true race car but has required components to be street legal.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©