• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question

Guest jeeperjack

Guest jeeperjack

calipers have spacer between the two halves is this normal  or do i have something weird this is getting to be a guessing game as to what john built and now i have to try guess how to fix problems   ideas needed   jackpost-46794-0-88814400-1397177292_thumb.j

post-46794-0-88814400-1397177292_thumb.j

Pictures of said calipers?

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

it would be more clear if you put the question in the title, rather than just "question"...

and if you put a picture of what you are talking about in your post.

welcome to the world of buying a modified car, that someone else modified.  ;)

2xM3

Guest jeeperjack

Thank you. the car has vented rotors.  hense the spacers. working on it last nite i understood why. but not sure of the reason but now i know why.  and sorry if i put the question in the wrong section. also we did not buy this car it was Nancys late husband who built it from the ground up

Question is in the right place. It just helps to use a descriptive subject line in the title of a new topic. For example, "brake caliper spacers?"

As has been pointed out above, the spacers are used to move the caliper halves apart for use with vented rotors. "2002tii" calipers" can be made into E12 "528i" calipers by addition of the spacers, though as far as I know they are not available as a separate part. While most people say never split the calipers, I have and if this is done, just don't lose the little O-rings between the spacers and caliper halves.

Hope your project is going well--Fred

Edited by FB73tii

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

Guest jeeperjack

Thanks, i have two new calipers but were without the spacers. that was why the question. i  split the old ones and used them on the new. works fine.  jack