• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sharing Some Vintage Race Shots

jrkoupe

home from work early today (yea)

post-38814-0-30887500-1387919120_thumb.j

My Christmas contribution.  AlpinA 2oo2 Gr. 2 car in its black livery.  The CSL is interesting in that I have never seen a picture of that car in competition.  Someone told me it eventually ended up with the later Gr. 2 flares and Gosser Beer livery.....

www.alpinabmw2002.com

The o2 in the "motorsport" livery is I believe the "Niklaus Racing" (?) turbo 2oo2 from 80's (?).  The car was as I recall pretty highly developed, had an 8v M10 turbo charged that made (allegedly) like 700bhp or some number like that.  Details are foggy now, but I am pretty sure that is the same car.

Someone sent me this the other day......check what comes rolling out of the paddock at around .55 secs into the video - my AlpinA car in its "Langnese" red/white livery #28.  This is trailer from the complete video, which i think I probably need to purchase.  Some other great BmW shots as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IwORw6kyc

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Mark.....

I just paused at 6 min maRK...GOT TO SAY: THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE VIDS iVE EVER SEEN......HANS, fITTIPALDI, STEWART..Henri........Stefan...Peterson...etc

and the cars...to get to see them that close....standing still....looking at the details...fantastic.

.just fantastic find...thanks!...wow

I just noticed this vid, thanks to Marks post:

good 02 content!

\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRch8mcbePE

Edited by jrkoupe

similiar pose to post #16!..

attachicon.gif72rapp11.jpg

Joel - I think that may be the picture that was used as the base idea for the cover illustration for the Clymer BMW Service-Repair-Handbook by Donald Houston.   Inside credit for the cover:  An original painting done especially for this book by Walter Gotschke.

The illustration shows a Golf-colored 2002 (or 1600) # 12 with Champion spark plug banner on the upper apron and Goodyear on the spoiler.  The windshield banner reads "BMW RACING CLUB".  

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"