• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marc's Picnic In Bethesda

BillWilliams

John, your car is pretty - but that bra.

MarcandDrjohn_zps2bc34cb8.jpg

I understand Clay, the handsome lad at the head of the table, ground the beef for the burgers. What a man! He is to burgers what BLUNT is to coffee.

Thefoodtable_zps088307cd.jpg

The well traveled battery

Streetparkinginthecity_zpsf492aab6.jpg

Run Clay run!!!!

MikeMatthewandJim_zpsc4fc74d0.jpg

Cuddy, go get a beer and come fix my car.

MarcandCuddy_zpsa11cc1d4.jpg

There are plenty of good parts here for all of us.

Morewatchinghoodwork_zps493ca086.jpg

Someone should have called the cops. There was nothing left of this poor car! Check the "FOR SALE" section.

Hoodwork_zps6ec34ff1.jpg

Edited by BillWilliams

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Great host and hostess along with a LOT of great guys with great cars! This made for a great day! Thanks, Marc!

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

think the count was around 13 2002's, 4 e30's, 2 E21's

one 2002 hood latch fixed and a spring/damper/swaybar bushing/strut bearing replacement on an E30.

copious quantities of beer, brats, burgers, brownies, pretzel and yummy bacon/cheese/onion appetizers were consumed!

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

I failed to get a picture of Mina (Grice's wife) together with her E21 parked around the corner.  Hope she found a gas station nearby.

Nice seeing Randy Bryant again - I think he got the long distance award driving his E21.

Lou's Ceylon Roundie got the most attention - by us and all Marc's neighbors.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Thank you, Marc, for being such a gracious host!  I enjoyed the trip up from the Shenandoah Valley to the metro-area.  My first time to Bethesda.

It was great to reunite and visit with other vintage Bimmer owners.  I was happy to see old friends and to make some new friends, too.  I am back on Bill Williams' "A-list", for a while, finally.  Getting to hang with my brother, Cuttie, was great, even though he was styling a Miata.  It was awe inspiring to see Jim and Marshall make quick and efficient work on Marc's E30 suspension upgrade. 

What a great day!

Regards, 

Randy Bryant

(360,000 mile E21 driver)

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

" It was awe inspiring to see Jim and Marshall make quick and efficient work on Marc's E30 suspension upgrade."

LOL!  "entertaining" was more the descriptor i was thinking of vice "quick and efficient"!

it just ain't an ISRCG gathering unless something gets fixed!

Bill W -  i love the captions you added to your pics in the first post!

2xM3

That Amazongrum car has been owned by the present owner since new. I asked about the speakers and he said the speakers were Blaupukts (sp?) like that when he bought if from the dealer. So when he restored it, he found, in his words, "some cheap speakers" that looked like the ones that were in it originally.

In the fourth photo from the top, the owner is the gentleman in the sort of red coat standing by guarding it from Jim G. and Matthew C. oblivious to that monster chasing Clay.

The car is beautiful!

Edited by BillWilliams

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Mike DiAndrea, a regular at the Deutsche Marque Concours in Vienna, VA on the first Sunday in May.

2013-10-26_13-10-49_248.jpg

Doh! I should have pulled the bra off (the car) once I got to Marc's!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Marc, Thank you for the hospitality, that sauerkraut was amazing.

And I want to thank everyone else there who hepled me with my hood problem.  As the rookie, you guys showed me how tight nit this community really is. I appreciate the warmth you all showed. 

And the best part is there weren't that many left over parts.