• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full Bat Treatment On '02?

Marsattacks

Has anyone ever seen/done/attempted a full baby-bat treatment on an '02? The roof spoiler in the for sale section makes me wonder. I mean full nose, windsplits, roof and wing along with flare. I would not do it but it would look cool in the right color and stance. Any photos would be appreciated!

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

Also interested in this, as we're considering going this route with our #2 Lemons car this winter.  

bmw2002t.jpg

bmw_02_gr5_roden_6.jpg

For inspiration, we've also been looking at the Alexander Calder 3.0 CSL Bmw-Art-Car-1975-3.0-CSL-by-A-Calder-lg.and the Roy Lichtenstein 320 

roylichtenstein320i_1977.jpg

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I love the Gruppe 5 and batmobile setups and have been thinking about doing this for a long time. But to make the car worthy of the aerodynamics I'd want about 650 HP, huge tires and full DTM or GT3 suspension. In that case might as well do a full tube frame build to support that power level with a lot of custom stuff. Ultimate would include carbon fiber body and ground effects floor pan. Now we about talking cubic dollars, several years, and lots of tuning and sorting. And it would be so unique there would likely be no class to run it in. But hey, at least I can dream. Would love to have links to people doing Gruppe 5 and similar builds.

I've considered the Ahrend Tuning Gruppe 5 body kit, but haven't priced it and know that shipping to the US would be expensive.

http://ahrend-02-tuning.de/index.php/karosserie

post-36969-0-30961400-1381329711.jpg

Fred '69 widebody and '74tii

Edited by FB73tii

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

of course, for proper LEMONS event, the entire body kit would have to be done with cardboard and paper mache..... :D

Maybe rivet some sheet metal together with bondo for shape although it would probably be knocked off by the fifth lap. Plus you would have to bribe Judge Phill with a couple of six packs to get it through.  

Maybe rivet some sheet metal together with bondo for shape...

You are better to use the expanding foam filler in a can, spray it on, let it expand and dry, then trim with your favorite knife/power tool.

Its very east to work with and is light as. Plus it sticks like s@#t to a blanket, so it will last more than 2 laps :)

Also a very easy way to build custom speaker mounts.

Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

Golf Yellow splatter painted over flat black, they would never see u coming,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hit her with your best shot

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way