• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bubbles In Kfish Injector Hose.

Cris.MTL

hey guys,

So I noticed that they are air bubbles in the fuel injector hose #1 from the Kfish to the injector while the car is running, I checked the hose connections and they are all tight.

Any idea what could be causing this or where I should start looking?

Thanks

The kpump is a positive displacement mechanism, so air in the output lines suggests to me it is/was sucking air on the inlet.

Suggest you place towels around the #1 injector and carefully loosen the line at the injector end.  Fuel will bleed out, perhaps and hopefully taking the air with it.  Then see if it recurs.

I've never seen any bubbles in those lines, but I can feel the pulsations when I put my fingers on them.

It does sound like you are leaking air into the pressure side of the line.  Have the sealing rings ever been replaced?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I ended up figuring it out last night, at least I think I did.

At first I cracked the line open as the car was running as per the Kfish manual states but there was no fuel leaking which I found strange. I then shut the car down and removed the line and the delivery valve, cleaned it up and reinstalled it. I fired up the car again and repeated the same test, loosen the hose fitting and check for fuel, at first once again no fuel leaked out but i decided to gently wiggle the hose and give the valve a bit of "love" and that did it. It started to leak fuel, I tighten the hose fitting and the air bubbles were gone,

Essentially I bled the line and now I have no more bubbles.

I don't know when the sealing rings were replaced last but to me it seems as if it was not seated properly at first. Would those sealing rings be available anyways?

Just a reminder that the seals are supposedly "one time use" crushable steel.  I have had the problem with leaking fuel from the fitting due to an overly flattened seal.  No amount of tightening (watch it) would stop the leaking.   Now I keep a spare set.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

• 10 years later...
On 6/9/2013 at 11:50 AM, jgerock said:

I've never seen any bubbles in those lines, but I can feel the pulsations when I put my fingers on them.

It does sound like you are leaking air into the pressure side of the line.  Have the sealing rings ever been replaced?

resurrecting this old post.  where are these sealing rings?  where the injector threads in, or somewhere along the injector supply lines?  The penske link ist tot.

1 hour ago, ajordan282 said:

resurrecting this old post.  where are these sealing rings?  where the injector threads in, or somewhere along the injector supply lines?  The penske link ist tot.

There are no special gaskets on the supply lines. They must be talking about the injector gasket. #10 in this diagram.

image.png.f39e8dc8189f6669594b4d6e0126b527.png

• Like 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stevenc22 said:

There are no special gaskets on the supply lines. They must be talking about the injector gasket. #10 in this diagram.

cool, mine are neu.

3 hours ago, tzei said:

Or maybe metal seal under fuel delivery valves?

page 13 top left

WWW.SCRIBD.COM

This document provides a summary and historical context for a fuel injection system manual originally created by BMW for their 2002tii models. It details the contents of the...

ah, didn't know about these.  but i didnt go in there.  

thanks for clarification all.  I had bubbles in injector #2 line after a rebuild on all 4 inj. and pump check/cal. but a quick drive to lunch and back, and no more bubbly. hopefully no issues!

edit: sounds like the bubbles come from an injector issue. The line pulls in air when it sits or something. I’m gonna pull the injector and check it per H&R instructions. 

Edited by ajordan282
  • Like 1

While we're talking about the KFisch...

Any suggestions for causes of low pressure coming out of the unit?  Already checked the fuel pump (working) and replaced the fuel filter.  Had a slight leak on the return line back to the tank, but I think I've got that fixed.

Any suggestions for a rebuild shop for the unit?

thanks!

Posted (edited)

checking back in on my bubbly.  i pulled inj #2 and checked it per H&R instructions, it looked good.  I went ahead and swapped it with #3.  Put it all back together and ran it around a bit last night. no bubbles.  I think my FP is failing now though.  buy a barn find they said.  it will be fun they said.  (it is...and it isn't lol).

The car runs fine as long as I am light on the throttle.If i give her the beans its like it pulls in a bunch of fuel then the pump cant catch up and itll drop cylinders untill i feather it along long enough. time to replace with the late model pump i have on the shelf :).  I checked pressure on the pump when i got the motor back in the car and it showed 25psi (low, i know) on the CSI circuit.  I think it showed like 60 at the supply line before going into the KF.  I never did a flow rate check but guessing its subprime 

Edited by ajordan282
  • Like 2