• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting E30 M3 Price Debate Video

Beck180

Drive posted an interesting video about the skyrocketing price of the E30 M3. They question they try to answer is if the recent jump in price is warranted or just a bubble.

http://drive.jalopnik.com/is-the-e30-bmw-m3-the-most-overhyped-classic-of-our-gen-498919111

What are you thoughts?

*I know this isn't directly '02 related but since there are so many M2 buildes on here I figured it was good info.

This has been discussed on s14.net, and thus far the general consensus is these guys in the video are spot on!  From my own experience, I can tell you that the value of E30 M3's has really jumped up in the past two years...and four or so years ago the prices were substantially lower than today, and the market is drying up fast!  You will easily be in the $30k's for a decent example these days, and that's not for low miles (50k -100k)...low miles can push $40k depending on condition.  M3's without the S14 are "not" nearly as collectable, so the M2's some of you have are to the detriment of the donor E30 M3's value!

Edited by 02fanatic

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Yet another car who's value has out accelerated my earning potential. I feel like an ass going for the dangling carrot.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Yet another car who's value has out accelerated my earning potential. I feel like an ass going for the dangling carrot.

John

Same here John.  I had to "settle" on buying a tii in 2007 after seeing how expensive they were (even more now).

Will live vicariously thru others...

My favorite color is Alpine White with black interior

DSC_1473_zps0a5b458f.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I purchased my E30 M3 in 2009, and since then values have shot up significantly. Even in the past 2-3 years we've seen roughly a 25-30% jump across the board (condition-wise). Now it seems the low mileage garage queens haven't increased as much as your clean driver (which defines *most* examples).

I have no intentions of selling any time soon so it will be interesting to see how far this "bubble" goes.

Just recently (2 weeks ago) picked up a '73 Agave that I'm going to start work on, so the M is going to sit quietly under its cover for a bit.