• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

car cover for 02

ggrann

I previously had one of the "Ultimate" BavAuto covers and was quite underwhelmed with it. The elastic around the bottom lost its elasticity within a year so it flapped around a lot in any wind. The water resistance also degraded quickly. I also had a Budge cover for a while and found this to be just barely okay, but by FAR the best cover I've had is the California Car Cover I now have, it's the Noah model. Great fit, excellent water resistance, really just an excellent cover. Yes, it costs more, but in my opinion it was well worth the extra money considering how much I've got invested in the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always had the Evolution 4 Covers for outside use, however I understand that the Noah cover material provides equal or even better protection, although it's lighter weight...I kinda like "heavy" for outside use.

Here is what Bavarian Autosport (www.bavauto.com) says,

Like Evolution4, NOAH fabric is engineered for exceptional resistance to rain, snow, dust and UV rays. At the same time it lets the paint and finish 'breathe', allowing moisture trapped under the cover to evaporate. The exterior layer defends against scratches, dirt, bird droppings, etc. while the soft-touch inner layer pampers the finish. And NOAH weighs just 4 1/2 ounces per square yard so it's easier to put on and take off than Evolution4.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I'll suggest paint.

A car cover will cause far more damage than no car cover.

Unless it's just for a few days here and there, and you're parking

under an evergreen...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL