aaronr

New RaceDeck Garage Floor for the 02

13 posts / 1540 viewsLast Reply

Installed it last night. Black with FIA red and white curbing theme.

The car seems much happier now :)

Aaron

post-746-13667670482062_thumb.jpeg

SO jealous. I have wanted a garage for a long time... if only just so I could lay down a nice floor like that... That looks fantastic!

Looks great! I was thinking of laying down epoxy but I have received mixed reveiws.

So, do tell, is it easier than laying down tile? Do the tiles have adhesive backings? Any concerns about tire heat lifting the tiles?

I have Race Deck in my garage and here are my observations:

1 - Really easy to install

2 - Black is hard to keep clean even after mopping several times. (I have 2' x 2' silver and black square grid pattern) Silver looks good though

3 - You have to put something under jack stands or wheels of a jack to keep from "denting" the floor - not really a big deal. I just keep some extra scraps of the flooring around for that

4 - The sun hitting directly on the floor will make it "buckle" which is annoying. Yes, I have about a 1" gap all the way around. When in shade, goes back to flat.

5 - Makes my neighbors very jealous

6 - Durable. Mine has been down for 3 years and still looks new

7 - Nothing I have spilled seems to affect it - acetone, thinner, carb dip, brake fluid, oil, you name it....

Aaron,

That is just too cool. How is it when it's wet? how well do shop tools roll on it?

I'd really like to go that route. For me it's been either money for cars or money for garage floor...

I use to have an epoxy garage at my old house. that stuff wore like iron (the only chip was from an engine block that dropped...OOPS!!!) Prep was key. Muratic Acid, while a PIA, is what you really need to prep it.

Thanks for sharing!

Dave

i did epoxy too. mine is a working rather than show garage. too much hassle trying to protect a pretty floor from jackstands, etc. dark floors also make it more difficult to find those tiny parts you drop.

i used homer depot rustoleum floor epoxy. as dave said, prep is critical. mine has been down for 10 years of really hard use now. worked great. as with Dave, only thing to bother it was dropping something huge and sharp on it that actually chipped the concrete.

now if i had another garage i just used for parking pretty cars on, racedeck would be what i would do!

Thanks guys!

The tiles just go right on the bare concrete, no glue, no prep (other than cleaning), was super easy.

Have not had them wet yet so I'm not sure if they will be slippery or not.

Looks amazing! I epoxied mine about 10 years ago...it has held up but is showing its age. I would love to put down some RaceDeck.

Which version of tile did you get?...it looks like the Free-Flow that will drain (another problem my garage has).

I used the free flow. My 02 is about 3 washes to each one drive so that was important to me.