DakarDoug

Radiator

10 posts / 871 viewsLast Reply

Hello all, I recall from many years ago there was a guy on the FAQ here who basically rebuilt old radiators into what I believe were 3 core radiators. Does anyone remember who this is and what his contact info is? Appreciate the help.

just look in your Yellow Page phone directory for

Automotive Radiator Repair near you.

It's an industry standard to recore

the 02 radiator with a 'improved'

core. All radiator repair shops order their

replacement cores from basicly the same

ACME Radiator Bits Supply Co.

nothing trick or special about it - really

you are referring to Silicon Garage. the original owner passed away and the guy who took the biz over stopped making radiators last year.

Hello all, I recall from many years ago there was a guy on the FAQ here who basically rebuilt old radiators into what I believe were 3 core radiators. Does anyone remember who this is and what his contact info is? Appreciate the help.

Everybody uses the wrong terminology here...it is "three row". I replied to a post previously on this topic, as C.D. stated; any good radiator shop experienced with brass radiators will be able to get you a "H.E." (high efficiency) core (two row) which has the same dimensions (width and height) as the original core, but has more tubes in it to dissipate the heat.

The original core has 26 tubes and the "H.E". has 35 tubes.

Glad to see an exception to every rule.

the guy who took the biz over stopped making radiators last year.

Not only did he stop making them, he kept all of the radiators people sent him for rebuilding and never sent them back, won't answer a single email or pickup either of his cell phone numbers or respond to voicemails just asking for an explanation. I, along with others, lost the original radiators out of our 02s and were forced to locate complete replacements from other suppliers.

This is what I ended up with: http://www.wallothnesch.com/catalogsearch/result/?___store=eng&q=a17111102621&___from_store=ger

example.com--A171111026216113114-30.jpg

when in doubt about terminology, I use the word "thingie" and have never yet been misunderstood. Seems to be a serviceable T-word that works equally well as verb/noun/adjective/thingie that everyone understands.

Cheers,

Carl

like whats that thingy on your plate,sorry i couldnt resist ;)