beammmer

Happy Birthday 73 Inka...

18 posts / 1312 viewsLast Reply

Kinda feel like Mundel with the odometer pictures, Oh well.

40 Years ago tomorrow. It was on a Tuesday, hopefully before the Hofbrau for lunch. Best history learned from two previous owners is 52903 actual miles.

Currently undergoing seat redo and carpet redo.

DragonDownhill.jpg

Don

cousin happy birthday.

BTW, Inka's VIN indicates they made 500 US spec cars between 17 Dec 72 and 15 Jan 73.

mike

vin is 2587591, yours was built in early Dec if I remember, presumed they had a couple days to celebrate Dunklebrau or whatever they celebrate:)

Don

Woohoo!

Now would you get it to quit raining Don? For the last 2 weeks it's rained only twice. Once for 7 days, and once for 8!

;-)

and I'm with your Seat Belts. One my best upgrades outside the 38/38.

Thanks Al,

Don

I am also wearing bluedevils' specials everyday and love it! say happy birthday to your lovely inka for me, see you at Midfest and Vintage.

cousin happy birthday.

BTW, Inka's VIN indicates they made 500 US spec cars between 17 Dec 72 and 15 Jan 73.

mike

Dumb question, do you think the factory was slowed down do to holiday or were they making other than US spec cars, curiosity.

Don

Happy Birthday!

I am 2592174, 73 Colorado....Not sure when her birthday is to be exact. The silver sticker on the driver door panel is pretty much destroyed. :(

New years between our cars' build dates, and I know the factory was building Euro spec and RHD versions simultaneously--from what I've heard/read, US spec cars were built in batches due to their different parts (english gauges, smog stuff, reinforced bumpers, side markers etc); I've also heard that sunroof cars were built in batches for the same reason.

So the factory was turning out way more than 500 2002s a month when you add in other versions. US spec production for the 73 model year was only about 10k cars (2585137-2593704) even if you include the couple of thousand tii's (2762630-2764521).

cheers

mike