• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A more appropriate Intro

PatrickMTL

Alright, so after a few wins, I feel I'm ready to bring anyone who's interested up to speed. Here's the condensed version

-Got scandalized by a Lime Green roundie while vacationing in California.

-Bought a stalled restoration out of Oregon, had shipped to Mtl, sight unseen.

-Found substantial paint damage as a result of transport companies lack of mudflaps on their truck. So much for the freshly sprayed Diamont paint...

-Discovered the previous owner had nothing but water in the coolant system. Not good when passing through the country in late November. Needless to say, I have a coolant leak now...

-MASSIVE vacuum leak produces a 5000rpm idle, gotta figure that out before Spring.

-No lights work.

-Windows don't close.

-Interior not installed, no rear bumper,

-Various other headaches.

Good news is I found a popped frost plug, I installed the interior, I've re-built the tail lamps and they work great with the new sockets. All lights, save for reverse, now work. Oddly, my wipers run all any time the ignition is on. Oh, and I finally got the windows and doors adjusted.

All in all, I'm feeling much better about the car, I was feeling I should have just stuck with my M3 and called it a day in Bavaria.

I need parts like early style chrome bumpers and probably(?) a wiper switch. I also wonder about the wiring for the cold start assembly on the tii motor that's been installed into the car, so if anyone has anything to add, feel free to hit me up. I'll be asking more than I have to share, but I'll contribute where possible.

Regards,

P@

Das Moneypit, an F20-swapped 1973

Your wiper problem may be with the relay (located up under the dash by the hood release lever) rather than the switch.

If you use the Site Search function, located on each page at the upper right, you can find much info on the problem. Try entering something like "Windshield wipers", and see what turns up.

Bob Napier

post-23011-13667667178859_thumb.jpg

No need to apologize, it'd be great to get in touch with other 2002 guys in the area. Send me an e-mail and we can get in contact easier. We could discuss parts that I'll be ordering and if you want to order anything at the same time or just various technical topics. What car have you got?

Welcome to all things 02 madness club.

In my world, MTL used to stand for "More Than List" with regards to prices. I guess that would be similar to something like ADM (additional dealer mark-up) on vehicles.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Your profile doesn`t have your email link so I`ll give you mine : cris.teruel@live.ca

I have a 74 tii which I also bought sight unseen. So now I spend my winters back tracking and fixing up what the P.O. called a restoration. Oh well, live and learn right?

Your wiper problem may be with the relay (located up under the dash by the hood release lever) rather than the switch.

If you use the Site Search function, located on each page at the upper right, you can find much info on the problem. Try entering something like "Windshield wipers", and see what turns up.

Bob Napier

I once had the same problem due to the wiper motor itself. The internal "auto-park" switch had worn out so the motor never shut itself off.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

Bob Napier

If This. You can just unplug the relay and have one speed wipers that work for zero cost in dollars and time. Quick temporary fix.

Ryan

-------

'69 1600

I have a 74 tii which I also bought sight unseen. So now I spend my winters back tracking and fixing up what the P.O. called a restoration. Oh well, live and learn right?

We're in the same boat you and I. If I had a double garage, I'd offer the space to commiserate. Or at least to be able to have some frame of reference...

We're in the same boat you and I. If I had a double garage, I'd offer the space to commiserate. Or at least to be able to have some frame of reference...

Contact us Toronto guys too. We have a good group here for parts/ideas/commiserating.

70 M2 2.5L