• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Took my turbo M42 car out this am.

AndyS

#$%$ fast. I stopped in to a local business to see a friend recovering from cancer surgery. There is a pretty steep driveway to get back on the main drag. I hit the gas, popped the clutch, launched that sucker! Wound it to about 4 k and happened to look in my rear view mirror. Mr Highway Patrol heard and saw me and decided to get right behind me. so, foot off gas, easy shift to second 40 mph creep to the light. I shouldn't have roasted those tires, me thinks... I think the gray hair saved a ticket.

008-5.jpg

Nice!! I had that happen once in my stock 02 :P

Now I wanna turbo my car... My truck got one this summer and I think the car would be fun with one!!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Yes....it putts down the road with nary a whisper until you hit 4k. It has a thrilling on/off punch that I'm not used

Yeah I hear ya, you're already putting your foot in it and then wham it all comes on. My tribute car does the same thing except it is not likely as hard hitting as what you have there Andy. I get a little wary when it starts pulling hard into the 5K RPM range.

Old school turbo's are fun for sure.

What gear ratio are you running in your diff? I assume you have a 5 speed.

Mine is a 3:90 and I really think it needs a 3:64 so I don't run out of rev's in first and second before the boost spools up.

post-2154-13667666593109_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

hehe, now you are even making me jealous. I need to turbo my own M42 car soon....

It is a really fun car!! Glad you are enjoying it and sharing it with others.

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

It has a 3.90 right now, but I have a 3.64 with an Alpina style cover in the garage. I have more "stuff" for it as well. Turbo gas tank, full turbo flare and spoiler pkg, a turbo stripe kit and finally I am waiting on seats from classiccar in TX. not really sure how much I will do with this stuff. But the seats for sure when they come in.

On a side note: I was driving it home and got jumped by Brad in his M2 this morning, that was kinda cool. I mean, this ain't Kalifornia. There just aren't that many 02s around...

http://www.classiccarseats.com/sports5703.php