AndyS

Took my turbo M42 car out this am.

18 posts / 1515 viewsLast Reply

#$%$ fast. I stopped in to a local business to see a friend recovering from cancer surgery. There is a pretty steep driveway to get back on the main drag. I hit the gas, popped the clutch, launched that sucker! Wound it to about 4 k and happened to look in my rear view mirror. Mr Highway Patrol heard and saw me and decided to get right behind me. so, foot off gas, easy shift to second 40 mph creep to the light. I shouldn't have roasted those tires, me thinks... I think the gray hair saved a ticket.

008-5.jpg

Im sorry but I JUST DO NOT WANT TO READ ABOUT HOW FAST YOUR CAR IS.....

for some reason it is this particular build that is making me really think about not doing any more body work and just doing a turbo.!!!

It is really, really f a s t... heheh. There is a local place with a dyno, I just found a friend with a connection. I'm gonna find out.

I will wager it was the honest face and the BCDs....

Earl

What kind of microwave were you using to take that picture?

All jokes aside that thing must be a monster. I think I'll be perfectly happy with my stock M42 for awhile.

I'm thinking 200hp or so. Brad(M2 owner) just drove it. He was grinnin' when he got back. It will throw your head back. The artsy photo is the result of an I phone with a coffee glaze on the lens, heheh.

Yes....it putts down the road with nary a whisper until you hit 4k. It has a thrilling on/off punch that I'm not used to...makes me want to turbo the S14!

052218D6-CF0C-4B23-A1CE-205DCE34E96C-6194-000006F065CC627A.jpg

Yes....it putts down the road with nary a whisper until you hit 4k. It has a thrilling on/off punch that I'm not used

Yeah I hear ya, you're already putting your foot in it and then wham it all comes on. My tribute car does the same thing except it is not likely as hard hitting as what you have there Andy. I get a little wary when it starts pulling hard into the 5K RPM range.

Old school turbo's are fun for sure.

What gear ratio are you running in your diff? I assume you have a 5 speed.

Mine is a 3:90 and I really think it needs a 3:64 so I don't run out of rev's in first and second before the boost spools up.

post-2154-13667666593109_thumb.jpg

hehe, now you are even making me jealous. I need to turbo my own M42 car soon....

It is a really fun car!! Glad you are enjoying it and sharing it with others.

It has a 3.90 right now, but I have a 3.64 with an Alpina style cover in the garage. I have more "stuff" for it as well. Turbo gas tank, full turbo flare and spoiler pkg, a turbo stripe kit and finally I am waiting on seats from classiccar in TX. not really sure how much I will do with this stuff. But the seats for sure when they come in.

On a side note: I was driving it home and got jumped by Brad in his M2 this morning, that was kinda cool. I mean, this ain't Kalifornia. There just aren't that many 02s around...

http://www.classiccarseats.com/sports5703.php